nightwatch — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

nightwatch

nightwatch
nightwatch Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi. I'm a survivor of a 100mph head on collision 7 years ago.
I broke everything, my neck, back etc.i'm still on crutches and suffer awful health issues. 
I had a ESA renewal form sent to me.
I recieve half hour help pday and it took me a long few weeks to fill it in.i lack serious focus and concentration.
Anyway I have not heard anything back and it had to be in by Sept 12th.
My ESA and pip run out 2020.
Originally it took me over a year to even get my claim looked at and my local mp eventually stepped in and i got an assessment within days and awarded higher rate mobility and standard living pip and support group ESA.
I have heard nothing from pip at all and it t ends August 2020
All i had was ESA which had to be returned Sept 12th..i did recorded delivery but have heard nothing at all.i have had an MRI and rheumatology has done a report last week.I'm just tired and drained from not knowing and waiting.
Can anyone shed anything on why pip have not got in touch but ESA has yet i have not heard back..i hope this makes sense.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that wow, that must have been terrible!

Firstly your ESA, as you're in the support group then your claim doesn't end, ESA is an ongoing award unless they find you fit for work. It has no end date. The date they give you is just a guide and nothing more. There's no timescales for decisions but expect a face to face assessment for this because most people have them. It's rare to have a paper based decision. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

Now your PIP, reviews are now taking place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 1 year before. This changed at the beginning of the year. As your award ends in August 2020 then you'll be contacted and sent the review form in around February 2020. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nightwatch
    nightwatch Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @nightwatch and a warm welcome to the community. 
    I hope Poppy has helped set your mind at ease? Please let us know if you have any other queries. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.