Mental health teams — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health teams

Options
Taliesen
Taliesen Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
edited November 2019 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi does anyone else struggle with mental health teams I'm with Marina House and iv been with them for 3yrs and only seen a psycho art therapist and no psychologist as as art therapist  has not put me a referral through back in March I have chased to no avail and my psychology  consultant who I see every 3 months hears what I say but doesn't listen to what's being said and support wise I'm not getting anything my partner is only support of been getting.  We have just taken out an iva for our debt I get universal credit joint account and have applied for pip just waiting for face to face appointment, but I'm becoming fed up of being a number on paper rather then a human being who needs help yah know.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hello @Taliesen   Pleased to meet you thank you for sharing.

In any mental health team or service. If your not happy you can do two things make a complaint to the Team manager .

All mental health teams have a duty of care and abide by a code of conduct. Also second if you not happy with your care you are getting.

Please can I add also the system is in meltdown and many long waiting lists. Underfunding over burden staff and resources.

Sorry to tell you that. Understand want to give some reassurance that it might be worth looking at any thing else to support you.

If they are not listening does happen. I have been there myself .

l would speak to RETHINK .. An advocate service that deals with those with mental health issues gives them another voice.

https://www.rethink.org.

Have a look on their webpage.

I have mental health issues myself been through a lot do use these organisations before.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

Can help with wellbeing health mental health, benefits and floating support.

Please may I suggest find what you need to cope be honest and open, ask and tell what you need. Write it down.

I went to council services long waiting lists. One organisation made me wait over a long time, so went else where.

I would always advise speaking to your GP.  Do and ask for a review on meds, anything else every three months or so.

I insist on it.  

Also one other aspect of mental health is to try to help yourself much as possible.  Which I do know never easy but have courage, strength be confident you will succeed .

Look at education, knowledge learn about well being and health. 

Alternative therapies and solutions to ease your mental health issues and problems.

As a member of this community have had a lot of knowledge, education learning through charities. 

Look on line for courses that deal with anything you have.

Lots of these at resource centres or community centres or Colleges.

I have gained qualifications doing this to understand my own issues, use this forum to put on posts.  Relating to mental health. 

Speak to those I have added links to.

Might not be in all areas unfortunately.

I hope that helps. Please if you need to ask me anything or wish to know anything please contact me.

I am one of the Community Champions happy to be compassionate.  Ready to listen, be supportive. 

I wish you well.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Taliesen, this sounds like the input is stressful and that you feel you are not being heard, is this something you have discussed with them?

You are very much heard on the community and I hope you can find this space useful. :)
    Scope

Brightness