Wait times form problems — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wait times form problems

Options
westwellgoddard
westwellgoddard Community member Posts: 19 Listener
Hi everyone hope your all doing good. Was just wondering what the ROUGH timescales are for WCA with UC? I know there’s not a set timescale but just would like to know the rough times. In March this year I started claiming for UC after being kicked of IS because I was no longer in education, I’ve been producing sick notes from day 1. They lost my form after months of lies saying 2 more weeks so I had to send another UC50 back and I spoke to Centre Health and Disability Assessments and they said it’s been referred back to UC because they’ve messed my file up again, I rang UC they said they’re referring my file on the basis to be assessed without attending an assessment and on my evidence and medical records provided. Where do I stand ? She said the fact I have Autism alone is enough to say I’m not fit to go for an assessment as this will be distressing.
Thanks X

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi,

May i ask who told you that Autism means you're not fit to attend a work capability assessment? Most people have to attend a face to face assessment, it's very rare to have a paper based assessment. Being given Limited capability for work isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to do any type of work. Lots of people have Autism (my daughter included) but this doesn't mean they are exempt from the assessments.

There's no timescales for assessment waiting times. My advice is to ring the health assessment advisory service and ask them what's happening and they will be able to give you more information. See link, even though it states ESA on the link, this applies to all work capability assessments. .https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • westwellgoddard
    westwellgoddard Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Hi,

May i ask who told you that Autism means you're not fit to attend a work capability assessment? Most people have to attend a face to face assessment, it's very rare to have a paper based assessment. Being given Limited capability for work isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to do any type of work. Lots of people have Autism (my daughter included) but this doesn't mean they are except from the assessments.

There's no timescales for assessment waiting times. My advice is to ring the health assessment advisory service and ask them what's happening and they will be able to give you more information. See link, even though it states ESA on the link, this applies to all work capability assessments. .https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa

She never said that autism exempts anyone from an assessment she said based on what I’ve detailed in my form and the condition I have it’s reasonable to say I could face them stressful difficulties. Everyone with autism is different so that don’t make sense to exempt autistic people.. I have difficulty explaining things I meant based on my case she thinks I’m not fit to attend.. and as I said I know there’s no time scale just wanted to know everyone’s time.. Thanks x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All areas are different, it depends on backlog in your area. I have waited 10 months, 6 months and 3 months in the past.

They maybe doing a paper based assessment, if you ring the health assessment advisory service they will be able to tell you exactly what's happening.The number to ring is 0800 288 8777.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.