Home visit esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit esa

Luc
Luc Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi i was hoping someone could help me as I’ve just had a phone call saying I’m having a home visit next wk from esa but I’m in court on the 26th of November 2019 for my esa as they took it off me in January 2019, I manage to get the minimum payment back temporally until we go to court, i’m really struggling to figure out why this visit the gentleman said I’ve got to have this visit but if I don’t I’ll lose what esa I have it makes no sense to me. I’d be so great full if someone could help me thanx 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you received a letter regarding this, or just a phone call? Is it a compliance interview? It sounds very much like it could be this. They do these interview at random sometimes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Luc
    He rang and said that the letter is in the post and I should receive it within the next few days all the gentleman said is that it’s a performance measurement visit he wouldn’t go into anymore detail 
  • poppy123456
    I would guess it's a compliance interview. The letter will tell you whether it is or not. You will need to make sure you are home for this appointment, if you're not then your ESA could stop.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Luc
    thank you, you have been a great help I’m more at ease now my anxiety was through the roof. As I have a carer due to my disability can they stay with me in the same room 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes absolutely your carer can be with you during the interview. It's always advisable to have someone with you for things like this. One you receive the letter if you have any further questions please just ask.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @Luc and welcome to the community. As Poppy said, you can definitely have your carer with you while the interview is taking place.
    Hopefully the letter will give you a little more information. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.