Wanting to get outside — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wanting to get outside

Options
sandra02
sandra02 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi just wondering if you have a scope in Blackpool as I'm disabled and fed up being in when my son is at work all the time he takes me places but I dont get to talk to other people and I dont have many friends I have 2 neighbours but I dont have many friends so just wanted to know if there is somewhere in Blackpool bearing in mind I cant walk far as my son takes the car to work thanks 

Comments

• pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    If you are PIP, even if it's not Mobility Enhanced save up and get a Scooter - or Hire one - it gives you such a new lease of life when you can do 40+ miles on a single charge. 
  • sandra02
    sandra02 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi I've had a big scooter but only ever went shopping on it until I had a bad accident on my last one so I bought a little one for the boot of the car but when my son is at work I'm stuck in on my own and I hate it as before I became disabled I was working behind a bar so I loved it but it depresses me know because I cant do that now 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try getting in touch with the local Staying Well or 50+ clubs. I may be assuming wrongly re your age...sorry. That`s the name of the people who look after social prescribing in my area.

It`s a shame about the scooter accident. I had a medium sized scooter, before going full time into a wheelchair.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sandra02 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this, I imagine it can be very difficult if your son is at work a lot.

Unfortunately Scope does not have a base in Blackpool.

Have you ever had a needs assessment? This might be beneficial to enable you to go outside more often. You can refer yourself online. 

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness