Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Bennyboy1928
Bennyboy1928 Community member Posts: 42 Connected
I HAVE BEEN AWARDED ESA ALLOWANCE WITH THE SUPPORT GROUP COMPONENT. COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS I WILL GET PLEASE. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. I'm assuming it's New style ESA, if so then this is £111.65 per week, payable from the 14th week of your claim. If the decision took longer than that then you'll be backdated the difference between assessment rate and support group rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bennyboy1928
    Thankyou so much. I don't know if it is new style as they never said. It was a mandatory reconsiderstion and I received a letter on Saturday saying I'm entitled to Employment Support Allowance with the Support Group component. ?
  • poppy123456
    When did your claim start please?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bennyboy1928
  • poppy123456
    You actually applied for ESA just 1 month ago?
  • Bennyboy1928
    No I was on it for 4 years then got assessed in July this year. Failed the assessment and out on to work related activity group. I applied for mandatory reconsiderstion and they got back to me on Saturday saying they have revised my case and entitled me to esa with support group. Sorry I should have said. 
  • poppy123456
    Ah, that makes sense, thanks for explaining that.

If it's Income Related ESA you were claiming the support group rate for this (single person) is £128.45 per week. Backdated to the date the original decision was made. The backdated amount will be the difference between what you were receiving and the support group rate.
  • Bennyboy1928
    Thankyou so much for that. I just have to wait for my pi tribunual hearing now. ???
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news they changed their decision at MR for you @Bennyboy1928
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bennyboy1928
    Delighted. Just got the pip tribunual to go through next ???
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Do you have a date for that yet @Bennyboy1928?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bennyboy1928
    No I haven't got that yet. 
  • Bennyboy1928
    Can anyone tell me if you are on wrag and do you get the benefit backdated esa support group backdated? I done a mandatory reconsiderstion and I am now being put on support group. 
  • poppy123456
    I did answer that question when you first asked. It will be backdated to the date the original decision was made and you will receive the difference between WRAG and Support Group amount. As you said it was only about 1 month then it will be a very small amount of backpay.
  • poppy123456
    As your claim started before April 2017 then the difference between WRAG and Support group for you is approximately £25 per week.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @Bennyboy1928!! I hope your PIP tribunal goes a similar way!
    Scope

• Bennyboy1928
    Thankyou. Fingers crossed ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.