Hi, my name is Kya — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kya

Kya
Kya Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi, I’m new here

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    welcome to the forum
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kya and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Kya
    I’m 48 yrs  old, happily married for 24 yrs with 2 sons. I was severely abused as a child by my father. 

An incident a few years ago brought all the horrors back. 

I am now a depressive, agoraphobic sad person with ptsd. 

Im struggling to exist. 

I am struggling to accept help as I don’t feel I deserve it. 

I now shut myself away from the world
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kya and thank you for sharing with us what must be very difficult for you.  I am very sorry to hear what you are going through.  I can appreciate that it can't be easy for you to accept help.  Please be assured that you are an important and valued member of our Community and can speak to us anytime as we are all here to support you.  You are not alone.  We are a friendly bunch!  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Kya, how are you doing today? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Kya
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Dear @Kya - You deserve to get any sort of help that you feel best for you when you can. You have done nothing wrong remember, but sadly a parent that was supposed to look after you & keep you safe.
    It's lovely to read you're happily married with 2 sons. I live near my son, & I look after his dog 2 or 3 days a week, & he looks after me.....which seems a fair exchange!
    You must have been so brave for a long time, & doing well for many years as your new loving family built up; your husband & boys. Try & be brave again; it's there inside you.....know that you deserve help & you can ask for it anytime. Also know that people here will support you along the way; there really are some lovely people here.
    I hope tomorrow is a better day for you & please just chat here anytime.
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Dear @Kya

So sorry to read your Story, first let me introduce myself 

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community Thank you for reaching out to us, Please will will trust me when I say to you I know what you are going through.

Perhaps your Dr can recommend you to Italk. it really will help you to talk through things. please know that what happened to you is by no way your fault. you are not to blame, of course you deserve help.

All the time you shut yourself away, you are letting that poor excuse of a father and the other person that thought this was okay to do this to you get away with it all. you are letting them win, the shame is not yours but theirs. 

I know it's hard to talk about especially after so many years, you think it's you, you must have somehow encouraged it, NO NO you didn't, it not right. you have been wronged big difference to you being in the wrong.

please let us know  if we can help you further

Regards Connie00 

• chiarieds
    Hi again @Kya - Please if you would, try & read the following recent link here in Scope's online community: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/280721#Comment_280721
    That's why I wrote, 'You deserve to get any sort of help that you feel best for you when you can.' It's up to you, & know that if chatting here might help, we would just love to hear from you whenever you want, & you can say whatever you want.

• Kya
    I attempted to end my life last night. 

I failed miserably
  • chiarieds
    @Chloe_Scope can you help here please. Kya stay here for a bit please
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I am so sorry to hear this @Kya, are you safe right now?

It sounds like things are unbelievably difficult right now and I'm sorry you are feeling this way..

Please do reach out for support. Samaritans can be called on 116 123 or if you prefer to text a crisis line you can text shout to 85258 and a volunteer will be in touch. If you feel in immediate danger then please do go to A&E or call 999.

You are a valuable member of the community @Kya.
    Scope

Brightness