How long for a WCA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a WCA?

Lammylee18
Lammylee18 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello pls I have questions to ask. I am new on here thanks

Comments

• Lammylee18
    Lammylee18 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited November 2019
    Hi All, please I recently applied for work capability assessment and I don't know how long it takes. I submitted my fit not 27th of Sept. And the assignment form came in October and I filled and send it back to them. Please how long do you think I will have to wait bcos I am struggling financially. I have daughter and partner thanks all.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lammylee18 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You will find some information about work capability assessment here:-

https://www.scope.org.uk/search/?collection=scope-meta&query=Work+Capability+Assessment

Also there are some of our members who know quite a lot about DWP matters and they may be best to advise you also.  Meantime, please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and I wish you all the best.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

There's no timescales for work capability assessments, it depends on backlog in your area. Did you send evidence with the form to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

I'm assuming you're claiming Universal Credit? If so once the decision is made on your work capability assessment if you're awarded LCWRA then there's a 3 month waiting period that usually applies. This means that the LCWRA element doesn't start until after that has ended. You will then receive the extra £336 in the 4th assessment period, this means for you that you won't receive any extra money until January 2020, providing the decision is LCWRA.

If the decision is LCW then you won't receive any extra money each month.

Hope this helps and good luck with the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.