Suffering fibromyalgia, finding it so hard to cope — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suffering fibromyalgia, finding it so hard to cope

Kaz123
Kaz123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all
I have been suffering fibromyalgia, I am finding it so hard to cope and no one seems to understand, sometimes I feel very alone.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kaz123 and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this, however you are not alone as many of our community members have Fibromyalgia and I'm sure they will be more than happy to share their experiences with you. Please let us know if you need anything :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @Kaz123 ,
    a warm welcome to the community. The community is a lovely bunch, and we're all here should you need any advice or support.

Just let us know and we'll be happy to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi and welcome @Kaz123. As Ami has said, many of our members have Fibromyalgia, so I hope you'll find plenty of support here.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kaz123 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, but you have come to the right place for support and friendship.  We are always here to listen and support you so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  We are a friendly bunch!  I look forward to seeing you on the Community and if there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @Kaz123        

My Name is Connie00   :)

Ia m one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. I trust you are having a good day today

I myself suffer with Asthma, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, CFS and FND, (functional neurological disorder) and a lung disorder which completely fails me when I have an asthma attack.

So, I live most of my days in pain, I can relate to where you are coming from, sometimes it gets the better of me, and sometimes I’m not sure which one is playing up more, difficult to know, so I really have empathy for you.

Please don't feel alone get on here and give your keyboard a good thrashing, as my lovely colleagues have suggested, plenty of our members suffer with this condition so no need to ever feel alone. have you also tried Fibromyalgia online groups  on Facebook.  are you getting support?, are your Family supportive?

if we can be  of any support to you or of any further help please let us know.

Have a good evening 

Connie00   B)

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Hi @Kaz123. I have cervical spondylosis, osteoarthritis and ME and fibromyalgia amongst other things. You will get plenty of support on the scope forum as everyone has already said we are a friendly bunch!

Brightness