Work Capability Assesments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Capability Assesments

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
This was on my mobile phone in the news items, along with the weather report etc. Its quite interesting, hope ok to post it here......

Http://bit.ly/2LbcENI

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This goes back to April this year and as we are not allowed to get into discussions re: the election theres little I can say in reply.
    What I will say however is that when I was moved from IB to ESA it was done on paper, my review last year was face2face, on both occasions I was happy with the result even the face2face was balanced and fair as was my PIP this year (moved from DLA) and payment increased.
    So whilst I agree the system is far from perfect its not always as bad as we expect.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    I was also moved from IB to ESA after 20 years on it, then told in a letter you will never be any worse off, then the following year lost access to free meds and glasses etc and well everything else, so never always believe what you read, no matter who writes it

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.