Train fares and Bus tickets — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Train fares and Bus tickets

Options
Andy1234
Andy1234 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
I am currently in receipt of carer's allowance and my Fiancee, who I look after gets the highest rate of PIP allowance for both mobility and daily living. Should we be entitled to cheaper travel and how do we go about it, if we are?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The disabled persons railcard will entitle you both to 1/3 reduction in train fares for a small cost each year. Details in link.

For a disabled persons bus pass, it will depend on the criteria of your partners local council. See link. https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-disabled-bus-pass

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The railcars is £20 a year or £50 for 3 years and soon pays for itself if you make regular train journeys.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am on PIP and recently renewed my bus pass and registered for myself plus a companion so my wife or another can travel free on all neighbouring county buses for free subject to pass conditions. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Andy1234, I hope others have been able to answer your question. Here's to travelling adventures! Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :) 
    Scope

Brightness