Lost appeal after 49 weeks — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost appeal after 49 weeks

christine280166
christine280166 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello,i just joined and i would like to say hi,i went to my pip triburunail on the 24th october and i lost the appel arfter waiting 49 very long weeks to go to court,is anyone dlse having trouble with pip?

Comments

• paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @christine280166

Hi and welcome to the community, nice to meet you. 

So sorry to hear you lost your appeal. I've only been on this forum for around 3 months myself, but problems and concerns with PIP is a big topic. 

You will get plenty of support, empathy and advice on here though  :)

You must be feeling absolutely fed up, hope you'll be ok. I'm off to bed soon but there will be others along tomorrow to chat. 

Have a look round and make yourself at home, there's plenty of topics including PIP.

See you soon. 
  • christine280166
    hi.i am not to sure how things work on here as just joined,is there anyone on here thats lost there pip when they been to court and re applying?
  • paffuto10
    Hiya  :)

Sorry no one joined you today, must all be busy because it's Sunday. 

If you go to "all groups" which is below these comments then you get a list of all the sections. 

Look under "disability benefits" and you will found a group on "PIP,  DLA and ESA" 

Then you can look through and see if anyone else has the same issue as yourself. 
    Or you can start your own discussion about it. 

Hope you will be okay, it's a tough time. x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

May i ask were you previously claiming PIP or DLA or was this a first time claim?

As you were refused PIP by the Tribunal you now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings and you should email the Tribunal to request these. Once you receive then you will need to find someone to take a look to see if an error in law was made, if no error in law is found then you won't be able to take to the decision any further i'm afraid.

Yes, you can re-apply but doing so using the same evidence you used previously will very likely see another refusal and the whole process will start all over again. You really should get some face to face help/support.

Having some understanding of the PIP descriptors always helps. It's very easy to think you should have scored x amount of points when it may not always be possible. You can have a disability but if you don't meet the descriptors you won't score the points for an award. This link may help have a better understanding. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • christine280166
    hi,i was claming hight rate dla and low care i was awardered in for indefenate but when i went for my f2f i scored o points,i asked for a m r i scored 4 points went to court and they said they could not score me anymore points,i dont ever go out alone i have a disslocated hip,had about 14 majour operations which left my left leg shorter i have to have my shoe heal done at the hospital,my balance is very unstable i cant walk far at all and cant stand long at all and now feel i am housebound feel so lost as i cant get out the house unless i go in the car or cabs i cany use public transport at all.
  • paffuto10
    edited November 2019
    Hi @christine280166

I think you have 2 threads running on the same subject which is a bit confusing. 

I wonder if @Chloe_Scope or @Adrian_Scope
    can somehow condense the two to make it a bit easier but never mind if they can't. 

I am very sorry to hear that this is happening to you and that it's getting you down as you say on the other thread.
    That's understandable. 

@poppy123456 gave you some advice yesterday, hope that helped or is your mind in too much of a turmoil at the moment? 

I am here until 2am if you need to talk. 

• christine280166
    hi i am quite new to this i was just looking to see if anyone is going through the same sore of thing and looking to see how they got on manily yes i have read the other message from @poppy123456 left and would like to say thankyou i will see how i get on when i re apply thanks.
  • paffuto10
    Hi Christine, 

How you feeling now? It's a very tough time for you I know 
  • christine280166
    hi paffuto10
    i am am feeling like i  am feed up of keep fighting for somethink i feel i should be intitled to.i know how my dissability effects me evey day and dealing with it its very difficult thanks for asking me how i am feeling.
  • paffuto10
    Probably keeping you awake is it? 
    I do hope you will be ok. 
    Many people on this site have been having problems with benefits, especially PIP. 

If you look again at my comment up top, which is the 2nd comment, I explained how you can hopefully talk to others in the same position as you. 

Maybe have a look in the morning and If you can't find it please let us know. 

Or you can carry on chatting on here.  :)
  • christine280166
    paffuto10 i am of to bed now but yes it sure is very stressfull and i find it hard sleeping with all this going on,just wish i could get it sorted worried how it will all go again this time,yes i will prob just talk to some others going through same things thanks
  • paffuto10
    You're welcome Christine. 

Yes, I think it would make you feel much better to talk to others going through the same thing but let us know if you can't find the PIP section. 

I hope you manage to get some sleep. 

Goodnight. 

• poppy123456

I strongly advise you to have a read because re-applying using the same evidence you used previously will very likely see a refusal again.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • christine280166
    hi poppy123456 yes thankyou very much.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @christine280166, how are you doing today?
    Scope

• christine280166
    hi chloe,i am waiting to get my how your dissability effects you form to arrive in the post and then geting help to fill the form in but not sure what to do about evidance as only got the evedance i had when i went to court and lost my pip appel any help please?
  • poppy123456
    When filling out the form you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you, adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. This will be a good start.

Evidence, you can request your medical records from your GP. When you receive them you can go through them to see what's relevant that can be used. I wouldn't advise sending all your medical records because alot of them won't be relevant and they won't read huge amounts of evidence.
  • Swordfish
    Swordfish Community member Posts: 54 Pioneering
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @christine280166, it's good that you'll be getting advice about this. I hope Poppy has been able to help with this. Please do let us know how you get on and very best of luck!
    Scope

• paffuto10
    Thinking of you @christine280166

Hope you manage to get the form filled in and glad you have someone to help with it. 

Good luck and keep us all posted if you can x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.