Best people to go to for Appeal help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Best people to go to for Appeal help

GamerGirl37
GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
Please let me know your ideas of who to contact I need this ASPA 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello the benefits and works site has a lot of information regarding the type of information you require but you may have to join to get full access which may seem expensive but if you win your case it’s worth the outlay and like me you can download all relevant information in pdf format for future reading and numerous updates when they are published, you sometimes have to spend a little to gain a lot.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

It will totally depend what's available in your local area, welfare rights or a law centre are good places to start. I believe this link was put in your last thread, did you put your postcode in to see what's available in your area? If not then this is the only way to know. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GamerGirl37
    I can’t afford anything expensive at the moment 
  • poppy123456
    Advice centres like welfare rights or a law centre won't charge for representation.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • GamerGirl37
    Yes I’ve clicked the link but I don’t know what I’m looking for it’s all confusing to me 
  • poppy123456
    Enter your postcode and then chose the advice topic, which needs to be welfare benefits and then click go, it will give you a list of what's available in your area.
  • GamerGirl37
    I did , also went onto google and got this page 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    If you use the link Poppy gave, put your post code in and then scroll to the bottom of the page it shows a map with what's available near you.

For me it's only citizens advice or a disability advice service but neither were helpful due to restrictions I have.  In fact the disability service were surprisingly unhelpful, I obviously have the wrong kind of disability! :D

If you're still struggling to understand that page, feel free to message me your post code and I'll let you know what's available and how far each on is. :)
  • poppy123456
    I can see that disability law services is on that list, i'd advise contacting them to see if they can help you.
  • GamerGirl37
    I’ve emailed them 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    How are you getting on with this @GamerGirl37?
    Scope

• GamerGirl37
    I’m doing good , writing my written statement soon 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear it @GamerGirl37. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.