Uc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc

hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Quick question i went on universal credit 3 November  received es esa payment on 2nd December will that money be deducted that month on my statement account 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Any money you receive from ESA will be deducted £1 for £1 from any UC you receive.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    Can I please ask I made a uc account on 11 October  but wasn’t  filled in till November so when does the account start date start from the day I made the online account or the day I filled out the full information on my account 
  • hello20
    So should I be paid from day I started filling the application 11 October of the day I was sent in for an appoinment to show id when does payments start from
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @hello20. It's from the day you pressed 'submit' on your online application form. 
    So if you started the application, and only filled out part of the information on the 11th October and didn't submit it, that won't count. Do you know when you pressed submit? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hello20
    No I don’t remember 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    When you log on to your account, under the home page does it say a date you will be paid by UC @hello20
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hello20
    No sorry it doesn’t say anything at the moment 
  • hello20
    I added my self to partners claim first they closed hers saying infornmation asked not provided 
  • poppy123456
    You say you applied on 3rd November, is this correct? Have you had an appointment at your local job centre yet to confirm your identity?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hello20
    I just called up  confusion is I was told to add my self partners claim   So the citizen  booked me an appoinment cause I don’t use computers my partner suffers physical disabbili so  then can cancelled my appoinment on 5 to 7 they did my pip  form an was less time for Uc account they booked me in 14 November today an wen we went in her account it says closed an couldn’t add me on they didn’t say do identity check cause they was bringing my esa over  

know they said to her re claim with me

q an send evidence  about the appointments with cab as she did call them up said my partner has can appoinment an they will do the application with him they said fine an few days later they closed the account  partner called in we they said  do mandatory  reconsideration to open claim case manager will decide

in mean while  re reclaim
    previous money an rents will it be bck dated on new claim if they decide to open the closed account 

Reason why the I didn’t go in Uc 
    was 
    I originally made an account on 11 October but esa sent me change of circumstance book esa3 to fill an adviser wait in decision an nit to make the universal credit yet cause they might bring my partner over as her account was suspended reason was  to add me on it  an I was waiting for esa3 book decision but recieved one up till today so I went and completed the account November 3  an citizen advise was gonna help complete rest but on 12  November they suspended my wife’s claim cause she didn’t add me an provide the information but she gave me linking code 
  • hello20
    Sorry spelling mistake s
  • hello20
    Adrian is submit  application when You need to enter the code they send  to confirm your email address for your Universal Credit application.

If you do not confirm your email address in 7 days you will have to start a new application.
  • poppy123456
    Yes,you always need to confirm your email address. I'm assuming you didn't do this and your UC claim was closed?
  • poppy123456

What sort of ESA? Contributory or means-tested? The former should be deducted. The latter should be replaced by UC and not laud at the same time. There have been multiple cases of the latter happening. Ditto Pension Credit and UC. UC don’t know what they’re doing with them and will argue that black is white so it’s important to know what sort of ESA before we go any further. 
    Having helped this member quite a lot in the last few weeks, they were claiming Income related ESA and this thread is no longer of any use because this claim on 3rd November was never submitted. They have since started a new claim with the help from their local advice agency.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.