Tribunal representation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal representation

Pet
Pet Community member Posts: 16 Listener
The night before my assessment I had suffered a seizure so was expecting the interview to cancelled but they were happy to go ahead by asking my husband the questions.  Obviously the claim was refused,  but I am not going to tribunal.  As my husband is my there to assist me at home with medication etc. and all the memory problems I suffer, would he be the best one to talk on my behalf on the day.  
They were completely aware that I was feeling completely confused and forgetful on the day of the assessment. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You say you are not going to the hearing, is this correct? If so then you will need to appear in person yourself because the panel will want to see you.  If your husband is your appointee then he will be able to answer the questions on your behalf, if he isn't then you will need to answer them yourself. Your husband will still be able to attend with you and they may ask him at the end if there's anything he wants to add.

Even if you do have representation from someone from an advice agency you will still need to appear in person and answer all the questions yourself.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pet
    Pet Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    we're both going to the tribunal. I take it they only ask one person the questions to start with and then both at the end of the hearing and as he has the most memory of the assessment meeting and my condition in general, he would be the best to answer the points put across to us. What do you think
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    They will ask the claimant the questions. They may ask your husband if there's anything he wants to add at the end but this doesn't always happens. They won't be interested in what happened during the assessment, they will only be interested in which descriptors you think apply to you and your reasons why.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.