what can i do — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

what can i do

Options
binglemiss
binglemiss Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in Work and employment
I have arthritis and have mobility issues  I cannot walk without a stick I am looking for a job but dont know where  to apply due to my disbilities

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I see you've posted on the ESA part of the forum, are you receiving any benefits at the moment? Just need to check because if you are then this could affect any benefits you're currently claiming if you start working.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @binglemiss and welcome to the community.

I would suggest contacting Scope's Support to Work team: https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/support-to-work/

The support provided is online and by phone/skype. 

It would be difficult to advise you without knowing some information, like some indication of where you live, what your skills are and what type of work you are looking for. Plus you would need to check your cv best reflects your skills and experience. How to respond to adverts and person/job requirements often asked for and how to deal with requirements that you may lack. These would be best addressed by the team in private. 

As there are members on here who do work we can offer you general support in the frustrations and set backs that can often com with trying to find work and our experiences of how we cope in the work place. 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @binglemiss, and a warm welcome to the community. I hope the advice has been helpful, I'd recommend the Scope employment services.

If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know! :)
    Scope

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @binglemiss I'm Tammy, one of the volunteer community champions here at scope. Nice to meet you.
    Sorry to hear you are unwell, and good in you for looking for work. You stated above you are looking for a job. Have you been to your local job centre at all? The reason I ask this is because if you have a disability /long term illness you could be put with a disability advisor and they will work with you on looking at jobs which are suitable and what you are able to do and also can speak on your behalf. I found this very helpful when I was seeking work at the time.
    Can I ask which county/City /District you live in and I could then possibly do some research and see what's available to you in your area if you think this would be helpful.
    Take care 
    Tammy ?

Brightness