Is this as good or bad sign? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is this as good or bad sign?

mairead04
mairead04 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i had a home assessment for PIP last Tuesday and got a call this morning from PIP to check hospital admission dates as the decision has been made that’s very quick is this a good or bad sign 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mairead04   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions on the forum. We advise, guide and help members on the forum and website.

In response to your question, just wait and see the outcome first. Does not mean anything.

Think positive.

I hope if you need to ask anything further please do. We are friendly.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • mairead04
    Thanks Spiceman I am just worried I can’t work anymore haven’t since December 2017 I have confirmed psoriatic Arthritis, cellulitis which I got sepsis from depression and awaiting my MRI results for MS I had the MRI 7 weeks ago results due this week I have been told so the decision has been made without the results if the neurologist 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mairead04   Thank you for reply sorry to hear this.

You are not alone with this situation many of our members are the same. Understand how painful and difficult it is.

I think there is an answer to trying to find some support for your self.

You mentioned Depression know that is an serious issue.

Please can I suggest considering looking at mental health charities.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Do take clientele with additional disabilities or illness as well mental health.

Help with wellbeing, health issues and could advise on employment if that is something you wish to do.

Also floating support or an outreach workers, look at your benefit problems and guidance, advice with that
    If not in your areas look at MIND.

https://www.mind.org.uk

Another one to use for advocate services is RETHINK.
    https://www.rethink.org.

Please I hope this gives you some extra reassurance and self esteem , please contact me if I can help further.

I used all these myself.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • mairead04
    How do I find out UFO’s my daughter is entitled to any benefits she is my unpaid carer she can’t work as I can’t be left alone as I could fall or choke 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mairead04, here is the information for carers allowance which your daughter might be entitled to. This will depend on the benefits that you receive and the amount of care that she provides.

If you have anymore questions then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• mairead04
    At the minute I am in no benefits pip outcome due in next 7 days she is with me 24/7 I fall and also choke quite a bit when I eat or sometimes even when  drinking so I can’t be left alone much 
  • mairead04
    Got out one of pip on the phone today going* to get standard living and enhanced mobility also the results  of MRI confirmed MS and 3 chronic fracture in spine cause by osteoporosis so nit a happy bunny right now with my spine so worried if I keep falling as I do fall a lot 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mariead04, sorry to hear things are so difficult at the moment! Here is the information for carers allowance which will give you the criteria. I hope this helps.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.