Still waiting 10 weeks on — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still waiting 10 weeks on

carlyg
carlyg Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I had my assessment 10 weeks ago and have heard nothing apart from the standard text and letter saying they have all the information required.
Anyone else waited this long?
I've given up trying to ring them!

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @carlyg, hello and welcome, I take it you are referring to your PIP application. If you have had your face to face assessment you can request a copy of your assessment report then you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter, the 10 week wait is normal and nothing unusual. As for long waits on the phone remember there are hundreds of people trying to contact the DWP. 
  • carlyg
    Thank you.
    Yes my assessment was 10 weeks ago but everywhere I read seems to say people have their results/award in 6/8 weeks.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Everyone's claims are different, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. There's never any timescales for any decision.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • carlyg
    Made the phone call today and was told decision was Zero for Mobility and Zero for daily living..!
    I was on middle mobility DLA and low care last 10 years. 
    How on earth do they work this out in comparison? (I fell off a roof and my leg is useless now and wont get better) Maybe they think I'll grow a new one!!
    I'm going away to my sisters for 3 weeks tomorrow as im so stressed  with worry now. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @carlyg. I'm sorry to hear this. PIP and DLA are assessed somewhat differently and a lot of people are finding they're losing awards when they switch. 
    If you don't agree with the decision to award zero points for both, your next step would be to appeal. The first stage of this is a Mandatory Reconsideration and we have a bit more information about this on our website here: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/challenging-PIP-or-other-benefits-decisions/
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh no...this is awful  Are you putting in for an MR?
  • carlyg
    I'm away for next two weeks and still no paperwork although telephone advisor said decision was made on November 3rd! I'll have to do an on line MR. I'm just going to challenge the mobility descriptive as what it boils down to is according to that descriptor, I most definitely qualify.
    Not only that but they are in effect calling my surgeons, physios, doctors etc, liars! How are they allowed to get away with that??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Is there any reason why you're just challenging the mobility part? There's 10 daily living activities where you could potentially score points depending on how your conditions affect you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.