PIP REVIEW — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP REVIEW

Apocalypse7
Apocalypse7 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, I was awarded enhanced/enhanced PIP in June 2016 for 4 years with a review (and I quote) "not before 5th June 2019"
 I've called DWP & was told my review letter would arrive in October 2019, we are now halfway through November. Can anyone shed some light for me please? Current award ends in June 2020. Thank you Andy. 

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    suppose you could ring again and tell em...no letter and date gone past...???
  • Apocalypse7
    Apocalypse7 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for responding, yes I shall call them, but i am wondering as to why I've not had any correspondence from them. 
    I assumed that their computer system would have automatically sent out the form once the date had passed?

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, most reviews are happening 6 months before their end date not as stated in the original award letter. This is due to a huge back log. Start collecting supporting documents and evidence for your review. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

@wilko is correct, reviews are now taking place 6 months before and not 12 months before but chances are if you ring and ask this question the adviser you speak to won't know, this is because they are reading from a screen and often have limited knowledge. There was no formal announcement that the review dates had changed but they did at the beginning of the year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.