How long to get f2f — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to get f2f

Options
Alexandre
Alexandre Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I applied for pip over 12 weeks ago and apart from acknowledgement that  they received my forms, I have not heard anything
Should I ring them<

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

There's no timescales for waiting times for face to face assessments, it depends on backlogs in your area. Some wait just a few weeks while other wait several months. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alexandre
    Options
    Thank you for your quick reply
  • Alexandre
    Options
    Do you always need a f2f, I was told yes 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. Yes most people have them, it's very rare to have a paper based assessment. Is this a first time claim. transfer from DLA or a PIP review?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope you hear soon @Alexandre and please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Alexandre I think timescale depends on how busy they are in your area. I'm in the South West and my f2f was arranged within 2 weeks of submission of documents. Others seem to wait a very long time. Like @poppy123456 said most people have to have f2f. This forum is very helpful (shout out to @poppy123456 :))  Like a lot of others I imagined that with all my documentation and evidence I would not need a f2f but unfortunately I was mistaken. On the bright side I was awarded PIP as new claimant not moving from DLA. Just letting you know it's not all bad news. It's just that positive outcomes don't get posted so often. 

• Alexandre
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, I too am in the South West and it's 13 weeks today since I registered my claim. They have acknowledged receipt of my form but not heard anything since then. I'll just have to be patient 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed @Alexandre. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.