Disabled mum seeking pram recomendations — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled mum seeking pram recomendations

Options
eilidhmarie
eilidhmarie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
*PRAM RECOMMENDATION*

I have very recently become a monoplegic, I have an almost two year old and I’m due my next child in March. I’m having trouble finding a suitable pram, either double or single that I can easily use. Any U.K. recommendations for a one handed pram? It needs to have one handle as I can’t control them otherwise. I’ve been to see a few that are one hand fold but have two hand seat removal and 5 point buckles which are just impossible at this point for me to use. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as it seems trolling the internet is just getting me nowhere as they don’t all list buckle types and seat components.

Comments

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @eilidhmarie and thank you for your post.

I have done some research and have found that the 'baby jogger city mini' pushchair has been recommended for being easy to control with one hand and can be folded with one hand also. 

I hope this helps.

Han
  • arichmond
    arichmond Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Hi @eilidhmarie,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and thank you for posting - welcome to the Scope Online Community site!

I have seen the above mentioned pram recommended and also the '4Moms Origami' pram recommended too (but with mixed reviews in all honesty). I have also seen charities like Remap that can help with adaptations if that would be of help.

I hope this has been of help to you! :smile:
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    *PRAM RECOMMENDATION*

I have very recently become a monoplegic, I have an almost two year old and I’m due my next child in March. I’m having trouble finding a suitable pram, either double or single that I can easily use. Any U.K. recommendations for a one handed pram? It needs to have one handle as I can’t control them otherwise. I’ve been to see a few that are one hand fold but have two hand seat removal and 5 point buckles which are just impossible at this point for me to use. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as it seems trolling the internet is just getting me nowhere as they don’t all list buckle types and seat components.
    Have you tried Craigslist? I just bought a baby monitor from there. Or what about a shop for expectant moms like Mothercare? https://www.mothercare.com/pushchairs/prams-and-pushchairs/
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A very warm welcome to the community @eilidhmarie! I personally don't have knowledge in this, but I hope other members will be able to share their experiences. :) 
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eildhmarie, just wanted to see if you had found something suitable? :)
    Scope

Brightness