Premiums — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Premiums

Options
richy
richy Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Why is it when I was working last and on tax credits I received disability premium and working tax credits,now as I came out of work signed on universal credit and started work again do not receive no premiums and my partner gets carers for me and that is taken away from uc and my earnings vary as I am with a agency

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The disability premiums don't exist on UC. Claiming DLA/PIP doesn't automatically entitle you to limited capability for work under UC. If you have a limited capability for work then you need to send in fit notes from your GP. As you're working then it will depend how many hours per week you work, whether the fit note will be accepted.

How much UC you're entitled to will depend on your income from yourself and your partner during your assessment period. If you don't have any dependent children or haven't been assessed as having limited capability for work then you won't receive a work allowance. If you're not entitled to work allowance then you will receive a deduction of 63p for everyone £1 you earn during each assessment period.

Carers allowance has the same rules as the old benefits and is always deducted £1 for £1 from any UC amount. Are you receiving the carers element in with your UC monthly amount? Please do check your journal to see if this is added, it's £160.20 per month. If it isn't added then i'd advise you to report the changes on your journal that your partner is caring for you and ask for the element to be added.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • richy
    richy Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I just checked my uc and they deducted the four weeks back pay for carers out of it ,understand that will I get some sort of payment in uc as my partner claims carer or is that deducted pound for pound or is it the £66 pound that will be deducted from that ,thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The carers allowance deduction amount from UC is £286 per month. This is because carers allowance is paid weekly and UC is paid monthly. To work out the carers allowance deduction you do the following. £66.15 x 52 = £3,439 divided by 12 to get the monthly payment, which is £286. Carers allowance then pay your partner the £66.15 as a separate payment.

What you need to check on your journal is that they are adding the carers element as an extra payment (£160.20) per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456 for your support here, and a very warm welcome to the community @richy! Please do let us know if we can help with anything else. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.