Do I have to go for another assessment I will be 64? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I have to go for another assessment I will be 64?

Options
Annj57
Annj57 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’m 62 and am disabled with fibromyalgia and other issues I am currently on PIP but my award comes to an end 2021 I was wondering do I have to go for another assessment I will be 64 by then ... thank you 

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    welcome to the forum
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,021 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

As you will be under state pension age then you will most likely need another face to face assessment because most people have them. You will be sent review forms about 6 months before the award is due to end. When you receive them you should fill them out with as much information as possible, adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. You will also need to make sure you send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Annj57
    Options
    Hi I won’t be state pensionable age then cuz I can’t get my pension until I’m 66 so I am a bit worried but thank you for your comments x
  • Annj57
    Options
    Soz I didn’t read your comment properly x
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Annj57 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Good luck with the PIP process and let us know how things go.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Annj57. :)

If there's anything else we can do then please do let us know!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.