PIP Assessment Result — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Result

sandraM
sandraM Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
I am raging.  I said immediately after my assessment how awful it went and how the assessor was trying to twist my words.  Well I got my award letter in today.  I scored ZERO for Daily Living and ZERO for Mobility. Despite nothing changing since my last assesment.  I admitted to rarely driving on short journeys, last 6 wks ago so she's said I can drive therefore have no lower impairment and can therefore walk more than 200 metres.  The letter goes on.... I cantt post anymore , cant see the keyboard for tears, lies and more lies.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you request a copy of the assessment report? if you didn't then i'd advise you to do this Monday morning.

Your first step is to request the MR which should be put in writing, not requested over the phone. You should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

When you receive the report you should avoid mentioning any lies or contradictions that may have been told by the HCP because they won't be interested in any of those.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same, so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. The only downside is the waiting times for most areas are huge.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really sorry to hear this @sandraM, have you been able to get a copy of the report?

Here is some information about the MR process.

If there is anything else we can do then please do let us know. 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.