Hi, my name is Rhiannon I'm 23 and Have a condition called Functional neurological disorder — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rhiannon I'm 23 and Have a condition called Functional neurological disorder

RhiannonThompson96
RhiannonThompson96 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Anyone else struggle with FND? 
Tagged:

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @RhiannonThompson96   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We advise, guide and help members of the community.

Sorry to hear what your going through.

I hope this might help you.

https://www.fndaction.org.uk.

Please have a look around our website.  Please ask anything we are supportive.

Please if I can help with anything please get in touch.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I have read a few posts on here from those who have FND. Have a look at coffee lounge page.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @RhiannonThompson96, sorry to hear you are struggling with this. I hope the website @thespiceman has provided as this has a lot of useful information.

The community is open to anyone so you are very welcome here. :)
    Scope

• Clarissa1
    Clarissa1 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Pleased to meet you @RhiannonThompson96.
    I also have FND, it is still a grey area even though a lot is being done to bring more awareness about it. I have mobility problems, and non epileptic seizures.. How are you now the Christmas decorations are down ? Sorry I didn't post earlier .. ?

• Jazkier
    Jazkier Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, I have FND too :smile: I was diagnosed at 15 and am now 21. I am part of a couple of online support groups and one that organises local meet ups.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Glad you found us here @Jazkier. Welcome to the community. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam_tex20
    sam_tex20 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Hey i also have FND! I was diognosed 8 months ago. at age 17 (I'm now 18)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Welcome to the community @sam_tex20

How have you found FND? I know it can sometimes take a while to get a diagnosis.
    Scope

• sam_tex20
    sam_tex20 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    @Chloe_Scope it took 7 years to get a diagnoses. It's been a Rough journey, lots of accusations of me faking and lots of name calling all happening from teachers who never believed me which sucked. once I moved to college tho they where much more accepting and understanding and willing to help support me, I got my diagnoses in September of chronic migraine syndrome(causes extreme vertigo and Complete/partial vision loss multiple times a week) chronic daily headache syndrome( when I don't have a migraine I always have a headache) and FND/NEAD- which was a major break through in the way i now know it wasn't all just fake and in my head. I'm now waiting to see a neuro-phsycologist who i was told would be a 2 year wait which has now been extended to a 3 year wait due to the Covid-19 pandemic. so now we know whats wrong we have started a treatment plan to try help to control and manage symptoms and flair ups.
  • Chloe_Scope
    edited May 2020
    That must have been so hurtful when you weren't believed @sam_tex20! I imagine it was a real relief to have some answers. FND is very real and I'm glad the college is more accepting.

Have you heard of FND Hope? They have loads of resources that can help.
    Scope

Brightness