I feel alone every day of my life - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel alone every day of my life

Comments

• millie72
    millie72 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Its been freezing here, my heating was being very naughty today , it made a loud grinding noise and , stopped working, the man came to fix it about tea time ,  when i look back as a child we never had heating at all , just a small coal fire, if mum had the money for coal , if not we would burn log,s , cloths was hand me down,s , fruit u could not get , i feel we are so blessed to day , take care my very dear friend ,,xxx,  marion ,
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @millie72, I'm glad they were able to fix the heating, it can be such a pain when it breaks! I hope it continues to work. :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Dear Marion, thank you for saying your name....it's very good to know.
    I'm sorry you had a miserable day yesterday with your heating, but thank goodness it got fixed later on. I'm very fortunate as my lounge has patio doors and faces south, so when the sun came out here yesterday, I had to put my heating off as it was so warm!
    Did you get your soup made? I'm guessing it might have been too cold to do much yesterday, but perhaps you managed today.
    I took some photos yesterday of my son's Bedlington terrier. Couldn't get a good photo of him, which is a shame as he's just had a trim & looks rather smart, but will send it anyway at the end of this message, plus one of my kitten I also took yesterday. You take care too, & hope you stay warm. Goodnight, with love, Gail, x
  • millie72
    millie72 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Thank u so much for sending the loverly photos, its, that time of year when i oedered millies, xmas gift,s, i always brought her a very warm coat, to keep her warm, she loved playing in the snow , it,s going to be very hard this christmas ,with out her, i must keep strong, and keep busy, we have had very bad floods here, hope the rain stop,s soon, keep warm and cozy, by loverly very dear friend,, marion xxxx
  • chiarieds
    Dear Marion, I have not forgotten you.....just a long hard day yesterday looking after my son's little dog again for 9 and a half hours, & I fell asleep for 3 hours tonight. My son will have worked 60 hours this week by the end of today, & we're both very tired. It must have caught up with me. Think you & I may both live in God's own county, but you're further south than me. I'll get off to bed now, & will write more later. Love from Gail, x
  • chiarieds
    Hi, just leaving a message a little earlier tonight!
    I'm so sorry, it must be really difficult just now thinking about your little Millie. Just wondering if there's somewhere local to you where you might like to donate a little money (to help a dog that doesn't have a home) in Millie's memory....that would then be a Christmas gift you would both share; your little dog Millie & you.
    Yes, please keep strong; I wish this for you too, as you have been doing so well.
    Keep moving, or we'll all get rusty with this continuing wet weather! Thinking about you, Goodnight, with love, Gail, x
  • hippydaz
    hippydaz Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    I'm new here.  But, if you ever feel down I'll be up for a chat-I mit look like a total numpty but I'm quite sane? x
  • chiarieds
    Hi @hippydaz ; nice to 'meet' you here, & thank you for joining in. I hope we'll hear how she's doing shortly.
  • chiarieds
    Hi Marion, how have you been? I'm sorry to have missed you the past couple of nights. Thinking about Christmas, I will be on my own, will you be too? I have thought about this for a while; we could talk about the meals we would both make on Christmas Day....so we could share. I would also be here too, so neither of us would be alone on Christmas Day. Goodnight; thinking about you, your friend, Gail, x
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @millie72 hi, welcome to the scope community. Firstly I think you are incredibly brave to share how you are feeling, it's not easy for everyone to open up to people they don't know for some people they find it easier, for others it can be difficult. You should be proud of yourself. I'm sorry you've lost loved ones, I can relate to how that makes you feel especially when you spend alot of time in the house. I hope this community helps you, here you can talk to community champions for example myself or others you will find above and also other members who come onto the site like yourself. Have you been on any forums before?
    Here you can ask questions, share your views and maybe make friends and interact with people who maybe in a similar situation. Hope to speak soon. 
    Tammy 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @mike62 hi, welcome to the scope online community. I hope you find the community helpful and friendly, it's a lovely message that you sent to @millie72. I like to see people showing support to one another so the other person doesn't feel so alone.

• Chloe_Scope
    Welcome to the community @hippydaz, is there anything we can do to help? :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    Marion, I''m so pleased you're back. I left a message for you before, but leaving another one here in case you want to catch up with us all here. I hope to chat later, Gail, x
  • chiarieds
    I've left you a note on your wall so you can hopefully read everyone's messages here again, Gail , x
  • chiarieds
    Hi Marion, your internet must be down again as you haven't been here to reply. Just to let you know when you get back that I'm thinking about you every evening, Goodnight, Gail, x
  • chiarieds
    So sorry you're not in touch with your friends here. I hope you get your internet connection sorted soon. I look forward to hearing from you. Goodnight, thinking about you, Gail, x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for all your support here @chiarieds. :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    Hi Marion, just to let you know I hold you in my thoughts still each night. Hope to hear from you soon, Gail, x
  • chiarieds
    Dear Marion, I'm thinking about you as I do especially at night. I will ask for help again tomorrow from the lovely Scope team, as several people are having continuing problems logging in to this great Scope community. I'm unsure if you're having problems with your internet, or just getting back here with 'logging in' problems. I will do my utmost to help (or ask for help) for you, Gail, x
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @millie72   How are you doing ?  Please may I ask.

Problems logging in it is a software issues.

You could email community@scope.org.uk.  A member of the team will help you.

Going to tag in two of the SCOPE team see how they can help.

@Adrian_Scope@Chloe_Scope need you please to assist this lady with her problems logging in.

Thanks very much.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness