I won my appeal. Don't give up! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my appeal. Don't give up!

davedj44
davedj44 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi everyone.
I have, like many had a long distressing time with my pip award. June last year I had all my points stripped after an unpleasant assessment, then after waiting 12 months for a tribunal was only awarded 2 points, the tribunal was worse than the initial assessment. 
My local mp put me in touch with the mental health charity Raise. I had a guy called Mike take my case. After waiting 2 months he finally got my statement of reasons and was able to find numerous errors in the way my tribunal was handled. He warned me that the first rear appeal could take months or closer to 12 months to get a response, but I was fortunate to get a reply from the courts within a couple of weeks letting me know that I didn't have to go through the first part, that the original decision was cancelled and within a couple of weeks I'd be called in for a fresh hearing. That happened on Wednesday 12th November and I had my points reinstated and won my appeal.
I won't lie, it has been one of the most difficult times for me, but let me say to anyone who has lost their original tribunal. Don't give up, depending on your circumstances ask your mp to put you in touch with a group that is tailored to your conditions and don't give up. I hope this has been some help to someone out there struggling with the benefits system. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.