PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision

kay2017
kay2017 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Pip has has had my change of circumstances now for eight months and still made no decision I've had my assessment and the manager called my appointee and said they was going to get this looked at in the next few days???? Can anyone help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,336 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome.

May i ask when you had your face to face assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kay2017
    Hi poppy :) I had an written assessment about 3 weeks ago
  • poppy123456
    Thanks for that. There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. You can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they usually go with the report.

As a change of circumstances were reported, if the decision is to award you a higher rate PIP then you will be backdated the difference to the date the changes were reported.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kay2017
    Thankyou poppy for your reply they are really dragging there feet and seems like there doing it on purpose they've had my change of circumstances for nearly nine months now and getting no response from DWP 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. That is a quite a long time to wait yes but on the other hand there's no timescales to any decision. Backogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

When you say written assessment i assume you mean you've had a paper based assessed. If so then at least you didn't have to have a face to face assessment.Hopefully not too long now.
  • kay2017
    Hey poppy yeah I had a paper based assessment hopefully It won't be too long then till they make a decision it's really affecting my mental health now 
  • kay2017
    Hi poppy Ive got a back pay from pip coming soon and it's gone to debt management are they allowed to take it out of your back pay from pip
  • poppy123456
    Yes, i'm afraid they area allowed to do that.
  • kay2017
    I was under the impression that there not allowed can't I set up a payment plan
  • poppy123456
    That's not correct, they can. You will need to ring debt management and speak to them.
  • kay2017
    Do you know how long it takes for the backpay to go into bank account
  • poppy123456
    3-5 working days from the day the release the funds.
  • kay2017
    Thanks poppy for letting me know :)
  • poppy123456
    See link for the list of benefits that a debt can be taken from, PIP is included in this list.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.