General Help... ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

General Help... ?

craig23
craig23 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
I suffer with advance osteoarthritis in my knees and spondylitis in my back and depression for years, I've battled years with the dwp and now they have put me on pip I think for 2 years my condition won't inprove hence the advance bit..im on the standard rate would I still qualify for a mobility car, because that's why I won my case because I struggle and allways in pain....and would I have to appeal again ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

To qualify for the mobility car you need to be claiming Enhanced mobility. If it's standard mobility you're claiming then i'm afraid this doesn't qualify you. Confirmation here https://www.motability.co.uk/about/check-your-eligibility/

Whether you qualify for Enhanced mobility will totally depend on how your conditions affect you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • craig23
    Well they know how my conditions affect me by now, hence why I'm on P. I. P  over 4 assessments 3 mandatory reconciderations tribunal and a letter to my local M.P. they said in my P. I. P assessment that a mobility car would be a good idea, then put me on a standard rate.......figure that one out ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, it still doesn't mean you're entitled to Enhanced mobility. A HCP stating that a mobility car would be a good idea also isn't going to award you enhanced mobility.

I have no idea about the history of your claim or about your case. If you have recently had a standard mobility award by a Tribunal then you have 1 month from that date to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once you receive that you need to find someone to take a look to find the error in law. If that's not found you won't be able to take it any further.

You can of course put in a change of circumstances for a worsening of condition but do be aware that by doing this you do risk losing everything you already have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @craig23, I appreciate how frustrating this must be! How are you able to walk? This is often how the enhanced rate is decided. If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• craig23
    Yes obviously I don't walk to far now.  .but its cool its just they said in my assessment that it would be good to have a mobility car. . .. but put me on a standard rate, I can't be bothered to fight anything else anymore been through way to much with the D. W. P it's way to draining, 4years of on and off benefits they lost my paperwork ? cut me off the phone after 45mins and the list goes on ? thanks for all the help I've received on here, I think I've covered everything on here about my case. so I'll just be thankful just to be getting something ie benefits in general... .. ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I appreciate how frustrating this must be! It can be such a draining process. It is completely your decision if you appeal or not, if you need more information from us then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.