Pip tribunal cancelled after DWP award it a day before — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal cancelled after DWP award it a day before

pabby
pabby Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi,
I have joined here today to ask if anyone else has experience of PIP being awarded one working day before appeal tribunal is supposed to sit?
Bit of background........ I was injured by a patient at work NHS in 2016.
lost job through ill health capabilities a year later.
I applied for PIP and wasn’t awarded it, won on appeal (standard rate PIP).
took a year for appeal to be heard and was awarded it for 2 years. So at time of appeal result had 1 year left on it.
Told I have to do a new claim for PIP as award ended in May 2019.
once again refused and mandatory appeal rejected.
tribunal date set for 11/11/19.
Had a phone call from council Benefits team ( helping with appeal) on Friday just gone saying the DWP had been in touch with them and reversed their decision.
I will now be awarded enhanced rate PIP and low rate mobility.
Im certainly not complaining, but is this usual for this too happen?
The benefits advice lady said she had never had a decision reversal so close to the tribunal date.
can anyone explain why the DWP changed its mind.
I thought once the mandatory appeal was rejected and them responding to my appeal for the court hearing, it was not looked at again.
I must add I did not submit any new evidence other than what I had put in my mandatory appeal.
Sorry, long winded question .
thanks in advance 
pabby

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.