Has anybody else been through this? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anybody else been through this?

katyoderr
katyoderr Community member Posts: 4 Connected
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello
This is way too long for me to write but i have a pip assessment soon.I am already getting it but the appeal court said i have to go anyway, I know they cut me off for a long time, I have 'Dystonia' and am sure they owe me a lot of money but i am unable to add up right now due to my condition i have brain fog. Can anyone help? The law centre cant come with me as she already has court that day. has Anybody else been through this?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,921 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm assuming you've have your Tribunal hearing, is that correct? They do prefer you to appear in person which is why they are asking you to attend.

Whether you'll be owed any backdated money will depend on what the decision is by the Tribunal. You say you're already receiving PIP, is this correct? If so then i'm assuming the Tribunal is because you think you're entitled to a higher award? If the decision does go in your favour then backdated money can take 8 weeks to be paid by DWP and about the same time to put your new award into payment.

No one can tell you how much money you maybe owed until the decision is made by the Tribunal. If it's in your favour then it will depend on when the original decision was made because this is when you'll be backdated to.

For representation then you can try contact another advice agency and this link will help you find what's local to you.

If you can't find someone to represent you do you have a family member or a friend that can go with you? Even if you do have representation then you will still need to answer all the questions yourself on the day of the hearing, unless you have an appointee and then they will be able to answer them for you.

Hope this helps? Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @katyoderr, is there anything else I can do to help?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.