TOTO — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

TOTO

pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
Anyone got one of these?

Just had a woman round about trying one of these for my sleeping. I`m in bed from 5.30pm to 9am and my back and bum and heels get sore.

Toto is a platform like a lilo..it fills with air at each side at intervals and lifts the mattress a little bit...taking pressure off certain areas.

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I thought this was going to be another music thread!   "I bless the rains down in Aaaaafricaaaaa" :D 

On a serious note though, my Nan had something similar when she became completely bedbound.  The air pump was so loud though, I don't think you'd be able to sleep through it if that's the idea, although I guess you may get used to it over time.  If it's only used while you're awake I guess it's not so bad.
  • pollyanna1052
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I`ve had air mattresses before and yes, they are noisy blighters.

I`ve been told the TOTO is silent. We`ll see!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I really hope this is helpful for you @pollyanna1052! Please do let us know how you get on with it. :)
    Scope

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I thought it was about medication aids again @pollyanna1052
  • pollyanna1052
    getting the PIVOTELL....meds dispenser today at tea time and the TOTO bed turner on Monday.

Been a busy few weeks chez nous!

PIP....council.....social care.....new consultant on Tuesday...new day centre next Thursday....lots to think on
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sounds like it's been a busy week @pollyanna1052! How are you finding it all?
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    Thanks for asking Chloe......yeh, so much going on at once.

BUT...great news today...I won my PIP award...full amount for 10 years! Well I will be an old by then....77!

So that`s 1 enormous headache out of the way, thank heavens.

Tuesday`s hospital appointment went well...going in for tests soon, as it`s a 4 hour round trip to Liverpool and back. Waiting for a date for that. Hoping to get that elusive diagnosis after 20 years!

Still waiting to hear what my new care plan will contain...we defo need more help.

Went to the day centre yesterday. It was good and they have offered me 2 week`s respite, which I will take up.

The TOTO is no good. Doesn't help at all.

Cheers!

• Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for the update @pollyanna1052 and that's amazing news about PIP! I hope they are able to find a TOTO alternative for you. :)
    Scope

Brightness