If you have anxiety or suffer with any other mental health issues what do you do to help yourself? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If you have anxiety or suffer with any other mental health issues what do you do to help yourself?

Options
Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
I'm a big fan of journaling and writing about how you feel down on paper. I use alot of mood diaries and self help books. I'm will post a picture of what I'm using now. It's a book from( the works book shop) and it's called the nocturnal journal
It's not for everyone but I find it's useful. ?
I'd like to know what others think?and do you have any other suggestions or things that you'd likee to post that we can talk about or share tips. 

Comments

• Tammyjane33
    Options
    I'm a big fan of journaling and writing about how you feel down on paper. I use alot of mood diaries and self help books. I'm will post a picture of what I'm using now. It's a book from( the works book shop) and it's called the nocturnal journal
    It's not for everyone but I find it's useful. ?
  • Tammyjane33
    Options
    Here are some examples /activities that are in the book
    I've just written an example so you get the idea ??

I find this helps when anxious or worried about anything. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    I've never really got on with self-help books, but I've heard good things about this. Thanks for sharing! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Tammyjane33 When you enrol in a mental health charity. Something I do recommend.
    Support groups with clientele and staff are set up and then they advise you on coping methods, strategies.
    Dealing with every thing from meds, to sleep to Medical professionals to diet, wellbeing.
    Lots of hand outs, information built up a library often publish an edited version on here.
    Techniques and how to deal with anxiety.
    Much of what I use is meditation, alternative therapies and phycology.
    Also consider using a plan a diary daily to structure days.
    Any little problems think where are they going to come from.
    Add to that use positivity and thinking of reassurance the problems can be identified and solved.
    Includes reframing, realistic expectations, self talk.  All poignant in the quest for coping.
    A lot of this can be learnt and education, knowledge is the key the main issues are addressing that.
    Finding if you for example need to go out shopping is there a reason to shop at peak periods or use realistic expectations.
    Consider using on line .
    Thinking the negative if you think you will suffer an anxiety attack you probably will.
    So consider making a plan to use for safe guarding and your safety.
    Success comes in cans not can nots, if you put a stone in your path then do you go around or go over or stop still.
    Certain techniques say if you are in a stress place causing your anxiety. If you stay long enough the anxiety will subside.
    Fear and flight have disappeared that is the theory in reality some can not find the strength to understand any of the complexities of the mind.
    By education and using the lessons learnt you can eventually see each day as a challenge a opportunity to be your self.
    Also every day is different every person is different. Remember you are and can do anything.
    If you have emotions, feelings around struggling to cope, try to consider doing small steps first.
    Something I do all the time.
    Been with my condition since early late teens still learning.
    Anything I can help with please ask, happy to be offering a friend any guidance.
    Please take care.
    @thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this @Tammyjane33. I'm glad you've found it helpful :)
    Scope

Brightness