New pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip claim

GamerGirl37
GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
does any does anyone know how long you need to wait to put a new claim in for pip? Just in case I run out of time for the appeal as it’s taken ages to get contact with the right kind of people 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

There's no waiting time, you can reapply anytime BUT i would urge you to request the Tribunal for your existing claim. Starting another claim using the same evidence and doing what you did for this claim will very likely see another refusal. If that happens the process starts all over again. To continuously start new claims is not the best idea, always take it to Tribunal.

For the Tribunal request all you need to do is give a brief reason why you're requesting it and send the MR decision letter with it. You do not need to go into any lengthy detail at this stage, all that can be done once they've accepted your appeal. There's guides online to help you through that process.

Also if you miss the 1 month deadline you do actually have 13 month with good reason but i would advise you to try to request it within that first month.

Guide here and scroll down to number 8 onwards. https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @GamerGirl37, I hope @poppy123456 has been able to answer your question here, but please let us know if there is anything you need more advice on. :)
    Scope

• GamerGirl37
    Hey guys just letting you all know I have finally booked the appeal online just waiting the 3 days now , and have more evidence to take and my dad to represent me 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you managed to request the appeal. May i ask if you had a look at the link i posted in a previous thread of yours to see if there's an advice agency near you who can represent you? Having representation from someone from an advice agency is always better because they will know the law. If your dad is going to represent you then he will need to know the law and that's very difficult to understand.

Also do be aware that if you don't have an appointee then you will need to speak for yourself during your hearing, having a representative doesn't mean they can speak for you. If you don't have an appointee then the person attending with you maybe be asked at the end if there's anything they want to add but this doesn't always happen.

I would also advise you to send any extra evidence you have to HMCTS rather than take it with you on the day of the hearing. Waiting times for hearings are huge and lots of people are waiting at least a year for a hearing date so you'll have plenty of time to send it.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GamerGirl37
    Thank you , and il make sure my dad looks the info up before the hearing , and I’m just glad I’ve finally done it 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited November 2019
    Well done @GamerGirl37! It's no easy task and it's great you've managed to submit the appeal. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • GamerGirl37
    Thank you!! , and guys it would mean the world to me if you could try follow me on twitch if I can get 50 follows I can get donations which would be a huge help right now 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news about being able to submit your appeal @GamerGirl37
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.