Need support with PIP law — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need support with PIP law

trevor26
trevor26 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello to all like me needing  support with all new changes in the new pip law

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @trevor26 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to have you on board!  Yes, PIP can be quite a long and difficult journey and many of us on here have had experience of it.  If you are needing help with anything including PIP then please just let us know.  You will also find some helpful information on PIP on the website too so please feel free to look around and join in any discussions that you are interested in also.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on the forum.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @trevor26 - Welcome to the community. I hope you are doing OK.
    When you mention changes to PIP, I was wondering whether you meant the change
    - about pensioners, or
    - about people suffering 'overwhelming psychological distress' in the 'Going out' part of PIP; planning and following a journey?
  • trevor26
    I mean when you have a disability and things change in your self  you should tell dwp about what as change about yourself
    which I did so. but I was told not to make changes as yet because I could lose all  my benefits if I did so ?????
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Before reporting any changes in circumstances i'd advise you to have a look at the PIP descriptors to see if you could score any more points for a higher award. A worsening of condition doesn't automatically mean you're entitled to a higher award.

May i ask what award you currently have?

When reporting a change of circumstances you'll be sent more forms to fill in and return. You'll then most likely need another face to face assessment and yes, it's possible you could lose everything you already have. Your award could also stay the same or be increased but it will totally depend on how your conditions affect you.

Face to face advice is also a good idea before doing anything else because no one on an internet forum can tell you whether you would be entitled to a higher award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • trevor26
    hi poppy123456 just to let you know I am on  low rate for self care an high rate mobility
    so I think I should be on middle rate for self care because I am now deaf in both ears and my sight in one eye is fading
    so I hope you can understand why.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, just to mention PIP is different to DLA. There are just 2 rates, either 'standard' or 'enhanced.' Might you check your decision letter to see if you have been awarded the standard rate for self care/ daily living, & enhanced for mobility, please?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.