Any groups for ADHD? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any groups for ADHD?

Options
taryn1975
taryn1975 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My daughter has adhd are there any groups that she could go to with kids like her because she gets bullied alot so doesn't go out any more. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi @taryn1975

Good Afternoon & Welcome ?

I am one of the Community Champion’s on here.

We have got some info for you below:

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/families-with-disabled-children/

Please please let me know if you have any more questions.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @taryn1975 - Welcome to the community 'tho sorry to read about the problems your daughter is facing.
    I wonder if you might try some national organisations that understand ADHD to see if there are any local groups in your area that might know about this. Here is a link, just in case. See:
    https://aadduk.org/help-support/support-groups/ - depending where you live, some are for adults with ADHD; some for parents; some offer a drop-in place/activities for children. If there's one local to you it might be a starting point.

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @taryn1975 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's struggles, but you have been given very good information above.  I hope you manage to get something sorted out for your daughter and please keep in touch and let us know how you are both getting on.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness