Parents of teenage sons with Asperger's — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Parents of teenage sons with Asperger's

Options
DinoDog2
DinoDog2 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi, 
Would anyone like to chat online and share coping strategies / humour for life with teenage boys - with Aspergers? 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DinoDog2, a really interesting topic!
    My brother has Aspergers and is currently in his second year at university. He found the transition really difficult.
    When he was in his first year, I was in my final year. We both lived on the same campus which meant I was around whenever he needed something. It was his second day and he rang me in a panic at 7am. I quickly got ready and ran round. Turns out he had been unable to turn his shower on and was really worried he was going to miss his first lecture. He'd just not pulled the cord in the bathroom. He found it amusing in later weeks and likes to tell others the story.
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bumping this post up as it could be useful for others.
    Scope

• figspowart
    figspowart Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hi @DinoDog2 I have a teenager on the spectrum and life sure is interesting isn't it? Recently he had to have a booster vaccine for HPV (human Papillomavirus) which he had missed due to being away from school that day. I made the appointment after school, made sure he knew to walk there straight after school and texted him to remind him. Then I get a phone call at work from him saying 'mum what's the shot I'm getting again?' I said human papillomavirus. Then heard him turn to the receptionist and say 'I'm having the human pavlova virus.' To be fair, he does have a central auditory processing issue!

Brightness