How do I add ptsd and epilepsy and bipolar to my pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I add ptsd and epilepsy and bipolar to my pip

Options
Jaxx2299
Jaxx2299 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all ,I received  pip daily my review  isnt due for 3 years i need to add ptsd and epilepsy  and bipolar  will this alter my moneys  and how do i present this to pip 

Comments

• Jaxx2299
    Jaxx2299 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    How do I sort a carer do I approach council  or social services 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    @Jaxx2299 welcome to the online community. I'm one of the  volunteer community champions here on the site. I hope myself or others can help and support you. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. If your condition has stayed the same and it's just a diagnosis, you do not need to report those changes. If you report any changes then DWP will send you more forms to fill in, which will need to be returned with all your evidence. You'll most likely need another face to face assessment and you could lose everything you already have.

For your other question about a carer then you'll need to refer yourself to your local council for a needs assessment and you can do that by starting here. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Jaxx2299   Pleased to meet you.
    Thank you for joining and sharing.
    I am one of the team of community champions.
    Please may I suggest the following mental health charities will help with PIP and your mental health.
    https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.
    https://www.mind.org.uk.
    https://www.rethink.org.
    Last one is an advocate charity.
    All have support workers or out reach workers. I used them for my own benefits situations.  Attendance at benefit assessments and support with form filling in, benefit advice as well guidance with your issues.
    Do take clientele with disabilities other conditions related to mental health.
    Only problem might not be in all areas.
    Please you could refer your self or through your GP.
    Please if I can help further please get in touch, my friend @poppy123456 has given you a lot to look at and please consider useful links.
    Please keep safe and warm and your are not alone. Your a valued member of our communty. We are here to be supportive, offer compassion and empathy.
    Ready to listen.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Jaxx2299 and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    I hope the answers above have helped you understand the process better but if you do have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.