Severe disability premiums backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severe disability premiums backdated?

Rickyboy
Rickyboy Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello guys hope someone can help me I've been awarded enhanced daily living pip for the first time but esa said I could have esa severe disability premiums will the premium be backdated? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Great news on the PIP award. Yes the SDP can be backdated to the start of your PIP awarded, providing the other criteria applied at the time. Have you applied for this SDP? If you haven't you can either apply on the phone or ask them to send you the IS10 form. Applying by phone is much quicker.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rickyboy
    Yes I applyed by phone so if I get premiums will it be backdated yea
  • Rickyboy
    I was awarded pip from July 2019 to November 
  • Rickyboy
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry for the delay, Sunday’s are usually quiet days on the forum and volunteers like myself usually have a break.

As advised, if you were entitled to it then it will be back dated. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Rickyboy and welcome to the community. :)
    Best of luck with your claim for SDP. As Poppy said, if you're awarded, it will be backdated to the start of your PIP award. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.