New carer, does this affect my daughter's ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New carer, does this affect my daughter's ESA?

Rhwilson
Rhwilson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone. Can anyone let me know if they have had this problem. I was caring for my disabled daughter for many many years. I am now disabled myself and unable to care for her. My other daughter is now registered as her new carer. Does that affect my daughter's ESA payment? She was due her 2 weekly payment which is always in my account on the Saturday, always. I do intend to call DWP in the morning but it is very worrying as I know that these problems can sometime take a long time to sort out. I am no longer on IS and have my appointment in 2 days. My younger daughter, the carer, gets her first payment in January so I cannot imagine when I will get my first payment. It's going to be a very dreary Christmas for us as we only have 2 ESA and 1 PIP payment coming into the household. That's my disabled daughter's money and it has to support 3 of us. I know there will be back payments etc but why does it always have to be a **** Christmas?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.