Esa assignment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assignment

Mark50
Mark50 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Had me esa assignment on the 20th off September and I got the letter today saying that I have been given 9points but they have closed my claim I had the assignment recorded yet the hcp still changed the wording of what I said what to do now 

Comments

• Mark50
    Had my esa assignment on the 20th off September got the letter today saying I only got 9points I had the assignment recorded yet the hcp has still changed the wording from what I said what to do now
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Your next step is to request the Mandatory reconsideration (MR) within 1 month of the date of the decision. You should put your request in writing stating which group you think you should be placed into and your reasons why.

If you claim housing benefit then this will also stop but you can claim through nil income and to do this you'll need to contact your local council.

If you claim Universal credit in the meantime you won't be able to go back onto ESA and anytime in the future.

If you decide not to claim UC then you won't receive any ESA while you wait for the MR decision. If the MR decision stays the same (most do) once the Tribunal accept your appeal then you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate of ESA while you wait for the Tribunal hearing but you'll need fit notes from your GP.

I'd advise you to visit a local advice centre near you and they will help and support you with the MR and Tribunal, if it gets that far.
    Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mark50
    They have put me straight on jsa as I've had the severe disability premium in the last month 
  • poppy123456
    You will still need to request the MR within 1 month of the date of the decision on your ESA. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I wish you the best of luck with the MR and please do let us know how you get on!
    Scope

• Mark50
    My partner is currently waiting for the severe disability premium backdated payments and for it to be added to the universal credit but its been 5 months now n still nothing every time she contact's them they just say they are dealing with it but can't give a timescale is there anything else she can do rather than keep ringing the dwp thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Mark50 said:
    My partner is currently waiting for the severe disability premium backdated payments and for it to be added to the universal credit but its been 5 months now n still nothing every time she contact's them they just say they are dealing with it but can't give a timescale is there anything else she can do rather than keep ringing the dwp thanks 
    Whether she's entitled to that backdated money on her UC will totally depend on her circumstances since she claimed UC and how long the gap was from her previous benefit ending to claiming UC. Not everyone is entitled to backdated money.
  • Mark50
    She's been told she is entitled to it but every month she's told to check her universal credit where a letter will be put on her journal 
  • poppy123456
    I would imagine backlogs are causing delays. All she can do is ring and speak to them again, other than that she's nothing more she can do.

Did DWP tell her she's entitled to backdated money? Has anyone claimed Carers allowance or carers element of UC since her UC claim started? Does she still live alone or classed as living alone? I'm assuming she still receives a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care?

If so, then if she claims the LCWRA element of UC then she'll be backdated £120 per month. More if she doesn't receive the LCWRA element.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your support with this @poppy123456. :)

I hope things are going okay @Mark50.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.