i was a registered carer for dad but did not live with him lived else where recived housing benefit — Scope | Disability forum

i was a registered carer for dad but did not live with him lived else where recived housing benefit

bigperson2018
bigperson2018 Member Posts: 5 Listener
 received carers allowance for dad but lived elsewhere looking after a friend who I could not   register  carers allowance  as only for one person dad passed away in October I was receiving some income support and small amount of housing benefit  I know the carers allowance pay for 6 weeks even after a death I believe  I have now registered the other person I look after care for who I have done for 6 months as I have not changed address at all  and the person lives at the shared address as me  will I need to inform any one or do any other new claims other than the carers allowance which has been done as it states 3 months can be backdated  for the new claim  so there will be  a transition I presume  ..and no spaces  of not  claiming any carers allowance  many thanks 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.