Esa transfer Uc reclaimed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa transfer Uc reclaimed

Options
hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I had to reclaim as my claim was closed but they said I won’t need wait assessment phase but I claimed on 14 November again but completed the to do list  today says statement day 21 dec  an paid 25 th december
so mean while in November Ive recieved two payments  4 an 18 November  will they take these in count an not pay me in December as I already recieved £512 this  month

plus couple  rate Uc is 498 plus they will need to award me my support group but that might take a while 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As your claim has now started for UC then your ESA will end on the 13th November. UC started on 14th November so any ESA you received after that date will be deducted from your UC payment. Your ESA payment on the 4th November doesn't count.

This also means that you will now have to wait until your first UC payment before receiving anymore money. You can apply for an advance payment but this will need to be repaid back from future UC payments.

As your first UC payment is due on Christmas day then you'll receive this payment on Christmas eve.

Sometimes it can take a while to receive the LCWRA element when transferring from ESA so i'd advise you to ring UC to speak to your case manager and tell them that you were in the support group when claiming ESA and ask them to send the MPG1 form to ESA. This way there's more chance of the element being added in your first payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    Options
    Thank you very much for the quick response will call them tomm 
  • hello20
    Options
    Hi poppy just recieved a call they booked me in for verification an said claim starts from 19 November does that mean my esa payment from 18 November won’t be taken in account 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm not sure why you've been told your claim starts on the 19th. You submitted your claim on the 14th and that's when your claim should start from.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry was meant to tag @Adrian_Scope but got distracted and forgot. Any help here please Adrian would be very much appreciated. :)
  • hello20
    Options
    I reconfirmed they said reclaim starts from 19 November an need to attend appoinment for commitments with in 7 days 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    @hello20, I have to say I'm a bit confused by it all. If you submitted your claim on the 14th, that is when it should start from. 
    However, if your payment date is 25th December it makes sense that your assessment period is 19th November to 18th December. 

Does it specify your assessment period dates when you login to your account? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hello20
    Options
    Shouldn’t be no assessment period I’m reclaiming  my last claim that they closed my statement payment was 19 sep -18 October 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2019
    Options
    hello20 said:
    Shouldn’t be no assessment period I’m reclaiming  my last claim that they closed my statement payment was 19 sep -18 October 
    You're not reclaiming though surely because your first claim wasn't submitted, if i remember correctly. There's also still an assessment period because everyone has them. If you reclaim within a certain time you will have the same assessment period.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @hello20 ,

I think you might be confused by the term "assessment period". UC is a benefit that is constantly updated and assessed on a monthly basis. Each month is an assessment period. This is different to the time you wait for your first payment, and the time you wait to have a Work Capability Assessment. Sometimes people find that their claims are closed during the first month because of payments they are owed from work or other sources that are paid late. It is possible in these circumstances to reapply and not have to go through the full application process again. They will then use the assessment period that you were given previously.
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • hello20
    Options
    Thank you Joanne for explaining 
  • hello20
    Options
    Hello 
    just recieved call from Jobcentre to provide fit note for commitments as he can see I was on esa support group   Income related but that should transfer over so I did ask case manager she said she looking in to it will automatically transfer so y they calling for a fit note do I need provide one ?

esa still paid me yesterday payment came in late 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No fit notes are needed for yourself but if your partner is claiming LCW then they maybe asking for them from your partner.
  • hello20
    Options
    They asking an I explained I’m on esa support group even tho I transferred  myself on Uc 2 weeks ago I still recieved payment today an jobcentre work coach contacted me sayin give in a fit note an except commitments online an wont need attend commitment appoinment an I explained I was originally one esa with no gap an I shouldn’t provide fit note he said if u provide it an if you are in lwrca we will overide it 
  • hello20
    Options
    They asking me for an  fit note an I explained I’m on esa support group even tho I transferred  myself on Uc 2 weeks ago I still recieved payment yesterday

jobcentre work coach contacted me sayin give in a fit note an except commitments online an wont need attend commitment appoinment an I explained I was originally one esa with no gap an I shouldn’t provide fit note  as my claim support group should transfer over he said if u provide it an if you are in lwrca we will overide it 

• poppy123456
    Options
    If you provide a fit note then you'll very likely be referred for a work capability assessment. You need to ask your case manager to send the MPG1 form to ESA so your ESA support group award can be transferred across.

Any ESA you received will be deducted from your UC payment so do be aware of that.
  • hello20
    Options
    Thank you when will they stop the esa payments as I was in support group but income related. Shouldn’t the payments stop 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Payments should have stopped yes but sometimes people do receive a payment after they've claimed UC, if this happens it's just deducted from your UC.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.