Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

spurs71
spurs71 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone I'm new to the site . I'm on standard living for pip I informed them on the 23rd of September of my health deterioration which I thought would be a normal review. When the form arrived it was for a new claim but it was 2  days late getting back to dwp I did ask for a extension so it got there about 26th of October sent it by recorded delivery then I recieved a letter saying I had to have a f2f I had the f2f on the 22nd of November  and  recieved a txt message today saying that the DWP has received the written assessment how long after that will I hopefully get a decision sorry for the long winded post
Many thanks 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, now that you're assessment hsa taken place you can request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter, if the award is not what you expected then you have time to prepare for a MR focusing on the descriptiors which you thick you should have got a higher score. 
  • spurs71
    Hi Wilko ,
    I will give them a phone in the morning thank you for your advice and will let you know what they say 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When reporting a change of circumstances it's standard procedure to receive the PIP2 forms and not the reviews form because it's not a review.

The letter you received saying the have all the information they need is a standard letter they send everyone and a decision can still take between 2-8 weeks. There's really no timescales to decisions, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

You can request the report, if you live in the UK otherwise you have to wait for the decision to made before they will send it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • spurs71
    Hi Poppy123456
    Does that include northern Ireland as I live in Belfast and I know sometimes things are a bit different
    Many thanks
    Spurs
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    In N. Ireland they won't send a copy of the assessment report until the decision's been made, which is why i said "if you live in the UK"
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.