buy nothing new month — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

buy nothing new month

Options
pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
Just watching something on tv. And this month we should buy nothing new...to help the planet..

what have you bought used?

I`m recycling presents, raffle prizes and making presents this Christmas.

what about you?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Books!
    Last year we filled stockings for my two girls with second-hand books. They're voracious readers, so it was a challenge to find something they'd actually want to read and something they hadn't, but we're going to try it again this year. Maybe it'll become a tradition.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I buy all my Christmas outfits and decorations from charity shops. 

We always do a stocking! I love recycling our tree and wreath. I use recycled envelopes and help the twins to make cards using art supplies we have. We reuse most things apart from the food obviously. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I`ve already ruined it for mesen...bought 2 new tops and they were reduced in price...so I`m not too naughty!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For wrapping paper over Christmas I always use postal paper and string. I feel it's really authentic and traditional but is also cheaper and easily recycled. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    I buy most of my clothes from charity shops and most of the thing in my house also come from charity shops including all my furniture and my telly. You can get real bargains shopping this way!

Brightness