PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

Options
Mike1963
Mike1963 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I have been advised to have my assessment recorded and I requested this to be done and I have been told that I have to supply the equipment to do this myself.

Has anyone done this before and how did you get the equipment you need to do it

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, who advised you to have your PIP assessment recorded?? You must have read or heard some bad reports of PIP assessments. The majority of assessments are carried out correctly and the correct award is given, but as we all know some assessors do miss report some claiments abilities. You have to remember PIP is not awarded on a diagnosis or illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking but on how you cope, manage the PIP descriptiors in a repeatable, safely and timely manner on a daily basis for 50% of the time. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mike1963 - you need to notify them beforehand and use equipment that produces two identical copies on CD/ cassette tape.

I think that most people who have posted on here seem to just get something cheap on the internet...

Good luck..
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mike1963 and a very warm welcome to the community. Have you managed to sort this out?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.