I need ur help regarding pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need ur help regarding pip

izobell
izobell Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys hope ur all well ...I’m very stressed and anxious atm ....sooo I receive pip both high rate whe I got it I didn’t realise I could get a mobility car to help me ...I’ve been looking at my award paper and it says I’ve only got it for 12 months ...that’s ended in September I have not received any paper work to renew it (I’m not any better so would need it renewing ) and ovs with it saying I need a min of 12 months I can’t get a car (gutted they never told me the higher rate mobility could be used for a car ...I’m just so anxious  as to what is going on a don’t no wether I’m coming or going 
I hope someone can shed some light and give me as much info as possible 
thank you 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @izobell    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help members of our community.

I am sorry to hear you stressed and anxious.

Please may I advise do you have any help or support with any of your anxiety?

Please consider looking at mental health charities.

The reason is they can help you with your benefit situation and also your anxiety and anything else.

Get floating support to help, assist you with any benefit advice and guidance.
    Wellbeing and health.

Used these last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.
    https://www.mind.org.uk.
    https://www.rethink.org.

Pleas can I add also if you need to apply for PIP look a this link gives a lot of information.

https://www.gov.uk./browse/benefits

I am also going to tag my friend  @poppy123456 who is a member of the community champions team.

Has expertise, knowledge on benefits issues.

I am sure the lady will inform you further of any additional information or advice, guidance.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Thanks @thespiceman for the tag.

@izobell May i ask if you were awarded by a Tribunal or by DWP? You say your award ended in September, is this correct, that it ended in September 2019 and you've no longer got a PIP award? or does it end in September 2020 and it says DWP will contact you after September 2019? If you can answer those questions, i'll help you further.

Unfortunately, i'm afraid you do need at least 12 months remaining on your award to be able to exchange your mobility award for a motability vehicle and you must have Enhanced mobility. It does state this in the information leaflet that comes with the decision letter.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • izobell
    izobell Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    aww thank you so much ...I had a brake down last year I have been diagnosed with bpd  ptsd Anxaty and depression  I’m still under the mental health team in my area also have an anxiety worker although find it hard with her as I struggle to leave the house a lot and it’s her job to do that I can spend weeks at a time before I leave my house have to have my best friend come and see me a lot to help me with normal day to day things as sometimes I just can’t do it wich sounds pathetic Xmas is a horrid tome for me and now this pip thing is making me even more anxious 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @izobell   Please can I add sorry to hear your suffering. Please if I can suggest if your mental health team are not responsive or helping you.

Please consider the links provided.

I have anxiety do have struggles and do know your entitled to the right support if thus the links provided for you.

Anxiety, insecurities and fears can be coped with using methods strategies by learning to deal with your mental health.

This can involve many forms of treatment, can be CBT. 

Useful for many people or using a combination of talking therapies or counselling.

One of the advantages of mental health charities is the support worker create a plan some steps to you to follow as you agreed to.

Your own needs are assessed and you have to take responsibility to help yourself.

I know this is not easy but once you have the support I recommended . From any those charities you hopefully can move on.

The decision is your to make.

I had my condition thirty years or more had addiction history.

Clean used these charities to give you reassurance will take time and you will have your self esteem back.

Learning, education and wellbeing do help any one with anxiety and the right medication.

Please if I can help get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger

I see your message on my wall but i'll reply here.

As your award is until September 2020 then DWP will send you another review form 6 months before that award is due to end, this means that you'll be sent more forms in March 2020.

To answer your question about the mobility car then unfortunately, one of the rules is that you must have at least 12 months award remaining on your PIP award before you can place any order and there's no leeway to those rules i'm afraid.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.