Hi, my name is scattynatty! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is scattynatty!

scattynatty
scattynatty Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm feeling lost & lonely,  does anyone else feel like this?? Any tips on how to deal with this, greatly received?? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hello @scattynatty      Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this. You come to the right place, for friendship, support.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please can I add your not alone with any of those thoughts and feelings. Many of the community are , I am live on my own.

Only contact is this forum.

Please I found the following useful.

Make list of your skills, abilities and talents.

Use those think where they could be used.

Consider volunteering looking at your Community Volunteering Bureau your local council website will help.

Also think about opportunities such as befriending schemes using those.

Again your local council should be advising.

Think of new ways to meet people or if you have a disability or illness or condition use the association or society that represents that.

I am happy to help there.  Contact myself.

Look at lifestyle courses, self improvement courses nothing like baking, cooking, flower arranging, writing, painting meeting new people.

I have an interest in my own issues mental health so found out lots of courses to find my path. Lots of these on NHS websites or contact your local wellbeing service your council will have details.

Courses such as communication skills, speaking to your Doctor, how to get a support worker, sleep, medications, diet, fitness, nutrition. Using mindfulness.

Hypnotherapy, meditation  therapies, herbs, spices. Alternative medicines so on.

And so useful for the knowledge gained but also for the friendship attained.

New qualifications new avenues.

Please if I can help further please contact me happy to help.

Please I hope given you some inspiration, plus please enjoy your time with us.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @scattynatty. Thank you for sharing this with us.

@thespiceman has given some very useful tips. Forums such as this one and social media can be great to meet new people and have conversations. I hope things improve for you soon.

Han
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @scattynatty. :smile: Do you have any hobbies that might lend themselves to helping you be a bit less isolated?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @scattynatty and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way, but you are amongst friends here and we are all here to support you.  The forum is a great place to chat and to meet new friends so I hope you will enjoy that.  @thespiceman has given you great advice and information so I hope you can look more into that for some support.  Please feel free to look around this site and join in any discussions that interest you.  I joined here over a year ago and have never looked back as it is a fab place for friendship!  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  If we can be of any further help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness