Hi, my name is meymay93! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is meymay93!

meymay93
meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
Hi I just fill review for send my  problem is slip disc anxiety panic attack white visell disease self arm I use 2 crutch to walk I have lot other continuon I am worried now some time just kill my self I am very down

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93 - Welcome to the community, where we help & support as much as we can. I'm very sorry to see how many problems you have, especially your mental health. You are among friends now, not alone.
    I have asked thespiceman, a friend I have made here, to contact you.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @meymay93   Pleased to meet you.
    I am one of the team of community champions. We advise, guide and help members of our community.
    Sorry to hear this. Please can I suggest the following if you are having thoughts of suicide it is best to discuss them with some who is a  professional who can listen to you. Who is qualified to help.
    Call The Samaritans
    116 123.  Calls are free.
    If you feel in danger to yourself from self harm call 999 or go to the hospital.  Straight away.
    I do understand what you are going through your are among friends and please if I can advise further.
    I have mental health issues myself and have used these organisations myself.  They do take clientele with disabilities and illness as well mental health. I have a disability as well.
    Please consider looking at these links. These are mental health charities and also offer a lot of support guidance, advice. On your mental health wellbeing. Give them a look.  I would add they can help with benefits and assessments.
    https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.
    https://www.mind.org.uk.
    https://www.rethink.org.
    The last one is an advocate charity helps with NHS medical services, mental health problems with Doctors, medical professionals.
    Please can I say some service not all areas sorry to tell you.
    Please I am here anytime have compassion and empathy. Understand a lot about what your experiencing.
    Please take care of your self you a valued member of our community. Please keep safe and warm,
    Please contact me 
    @thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93 and a very warm welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear that the review has had you feel really down. Was this this for PIP?
    I was just wondering if you'd had the chance to talk to a professional about how you are feeling?
    It can be really hard to disclose this information so thank you for sharing it with us. 
    If you feel in immediate danger then please do not hesitate to contact 999 or visit your local A&E, they'll be able to keep you safe.
    If you are feeling really down then please do consider calling Samaritans on 116 123 where someone will be available to talk to.
    Alternatively, if you text shout to 85258 a crisis volunteer will be in touch with you as soon as they can.
    Please take care @meymay93.

Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @meymay93. How are you doing this evening?

I was just curious as to whether you're receiving much in the way of additional support. While it's fair to say as a disability charity that our strengths lie in the daily lives of disabled people, we would be willing to find you some extra support. If you're interested, please send us an email at community@scope.org.uk
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - I hope you've perhaps managed to look at some of the links my friend thespiceman sent you. Or have thought about emailing Scope as Adrian suggested above.
    Was it a PIP review form that you've filled that got you worried?
    I think sometimes when you have to write down all your problems & how it affects you, it does get you down. When I had to do the booklet for PIP, it made me feel a bit like that, when in reality I'm coping. Everything hurts, & it takes me longer, but sometimes it's just that little something extra you manage to do some days that gives you a sense of achievement.
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @meymay93

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. Please please don’t do anything rash, you will find life is not as bad as you think, you are in a bad place at the moment, please take the advise given from my colleagues, and seek professional help. 

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

• meymay93
    Hi thank you so much all how  I manage  don't now all thing i am low mood i am alone at home my dougther deal all my think but she work full time i am depented  for her which is upset 
  • meymay93
    Hi and how i can contact if i have problem i don't know  
  • chiarieds
    Hi @meymay - It's good to hear from you. Perhaps it may be an idea to chat with your GP about this low mood you mention.
    If you want to contact Scope, as Adrian suggested before, you send an email to:
    community@scope.org.uk
    If you would like to try the links thespiceman mentioned say for example:  https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk. if you hover your mouse over the words, & click, that will take you to their website.
    If it's some body else you want to contact, please say.
    It's good your daughter helps you. Think of all the years you looked after her, so I'm sure she does not mind helping you at all.

• thespiceman
    edited December 2019
    Hello @meymay93   Sorry to hear you having problems, please can I advise consider the links I have provided click on those.

Please can I also add I here as well.  Have a lot of knowledge, expertise and lots of time.

You need to talk any time .

I have been there my self and do know the first thing is to speak to those who can best support you.

Mental health charities the whole programmes designed, created with you in mind. Lots of guidance, advice.

All mental health charities have a code of conduct, duty of care and are there to make sure that you can deal and cope with your issues.

This is done through either care plans and aims, goal. Discussions with you in mind.

Some charities have support groups, monthly meetings. Where you meet  others like yourself. lots of reassurance, training and certain aspects of mental health are discussed.

Medication, sleep,well being health  and using communications, benefits and much more.

If you do not wish to go to monthly meetings no problems.

I used to go first time meeting members of community like myself. Exchange friendships, lots of listening, kindness.  Outings and getting the most important thing time to recovery and heal.

All these charities have and do welcome ideas, suggestions improvements.

Want the clientele involvement.

Never know where that could go . Do know clientele joined becomes an employee because has the skills, talents, abilities to do the role. Many types of employment that is supported with staff.

Looking at specific companies or employers who have your best interests a heart used a lot of signposting. Helped me with the jobcentres, had private room. To sign on. When I had to.

Training schemes that they put your on, Jobcentre plus sat in with staff and asked this is not helping, needs to be more suitable for my needs.  

In fact stopped it as it was not helping.

Used and signposting has connections many charities to companies that deal with training of our community.

I found them to help with DWP and benefits .

Had assistance support worker intervened several times or just be there.

Some charities give you laptops use SKYPE. Using that now , give the laptop for keeps. Use mobile phones to text.

Send your Emails.

I hope by my explaining that helps you to come to a decision. If you do make the right decision to enrol life does change becomes easier a lot.

Life is whole again.

Please if you wish to ask me anything happy to help or answer.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • meymay93
    Hi yes would like to  speak get some advice before my life very active work full time since all my sickness came up sat home do nothing and my  daughter my care she done washing dressing shopping and my bill to pay she work full time now am very down just think kill my self life is   finish for me.  I can't work because all my sickness no body care of  why i stay
  • thespiceman
    edited December 2019
    Hello @meymay93      Sorry to hear your not good.

Please can I suggest have you contacted any of the links I have provided for you.   When you came on to the community.

I will add them again these are mental health charities to help you. Please consider looking, the whole ideas of these charities is to offer you a lot of support.

Including floating support or an outreach worker, help, advice on your mental health and wellbeing, the benefit advice they can offer and guidance.

They also signpost you to any additional problems including addiction or problems  with your disability.

They might not be in all areas.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.
    https://www.mind.org.uk.
    https://www.rethink.org.

Please if you are having suicidal thoughts you need to speak to some one who can help you and understand.

The Samaritians are compassionate, listen have empathy.

Call them 116 123

Please if you feel your in danger please contact 999 and ask for an ambulance or go to the hospital explain your situation.

I know this is difficult for you what you are experiencing. We as a community do understand have compassion, empathy, sensitivity.

Many members of our community have life changing disabilities and we need to support those which we do all the time.

Please if I can also say your not alone we are here to be supportive.

Please if I can say please think about using the information I have supplied.

Please if you wish to talk to me or need to chat, happy to listen anytime.

Please keep safe and in touch. Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @meymay93. I’m sorry to read that you’re feeling this way. It can be really difficult to adapt when it feels things have changed so significantly, can’t it? Other than your daughter, do you get much in the way of support?

With how you’re feeling I think it’s very important you speak with someone trained to help you. I know we’ve already shared the details with you but you can contact Samaritans on 116 123 or email them at jo@samaritans.org

As a disability equality charity, our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people than mental health, but if you’d like us to advocate for greater support for you, we would be more than willing to do that for you by way of a social care referral. Please get in touch with us on community@scope.org.uk if that’s something that would interest you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    Dear @meymay93 - When I first wrote to you I said, 'You are among friends now, not alone.' The people who have replied have not only great understanding, but also really care.
    You said you would like to talk to someone, so please try any of thespiceman's links, or email with the link that Adrian provided above - community@scope.org.uk - just say it's meymay and Scope will help you. Or, as both have suggested, ring the Samaritans, or email them.
    I understand that you worked hard full time, but please know this, you are still the same person, just life has taken a different path to that you imagined, because of your sickness. What is the sickness you have, if you do not mind me asking?
    It is very hard to go from working so much to sitting at home, which also happened to me. Your life still has meaning, even when you cannot work, I found. With help things will be better.
    The people from Scope, such as Adrian & Chloe can help. My friend the spiceman, & others here will be here for you too.

• meymay93
    Hi thank you so much    got slip disc my back and vertigo white vessel dissses and scoliosis ostroposis  artratis all my join and self harm and lot thing and some mental health  issuse
  • chiarieds
    Dear @meymay - I have chronic back pain, arthritis in my joints, & use 2 crutches when I go out, so we share that.
    It is difficult being in pain all the time, & it can also make you feel anxious or depressed, as you have found. It is good to talk about it here as we care about each other and offer support too. I rarely get out, so chatting here helps me.
    If you need extra help, then please email Scope, & have a look at thespiceman's links as he has had poor mental health and understands. I would let your GP know how you have been feeling too.
    Is it white matter disease you have? What is making you worry so much right now? I hope it is OK to ask, but only answer if you want, please.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @meymay93   Good afternoon to you sorry I have not been in touch, been thinking about you.

I just thought may be like to explain what happens when you apply for a mental health charity and support.

I do understand frightening, scary never knows going to happen, meeting may be new people.

This what I had never ever met so many lovely people, staff these charities have one thing in mind. Making you well, giving you some options some choices some direction in your life.

Understand which I do need to say about work, employment, training all available through these charities.

When you ever do wish to apply then be contacted visited at home, talked to like a person. Discussed how they can help you, many programmes many directions much signposting.

I have a disability mainly born with it assisted in finding more support, guidance,
    add to that my mental health and addiction history other information and advice.

Even though clean, asked do I need.

The situation with employment, benefits will attend anything you have to go to. I had issues with the job centre staff. The support worker came along and sorted it out. Attended all the time when signing on .

Looked at employment reviews other companies are compassionate have empathy over disability, illness and these work with mental health charities.

If that means retraining, doing qualifications. The charities will help you support with any of this.

Understand this happened to me got retrained and new qualifications middle Forties.

Please I hope that gives you reassurance to look and think about applying. Never know where the journey might take you.

I know of friends who I met now work for mental health charities. never intended to but had skills, qualities and abilities from their other professions that were useful to the organisations.

Lots of support, training even moved one former friend to a new area. As some of the charities have links to housing associations or their own housing company in the organisation.

Hope that gives you a lot to think about.

You are not alone we are here anytime, please tag my name happy to be supportive, ask any questions.

Please take care of your self your a valued member of our community

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @meymay93

You sound like you've got a lot going on. Have you spoken to anyone about the thoughts of self-harm? Mind have some useful resources on trying to manage the urges here: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/self-harm/#.Xe0l7ej7TIU

As we've said before, if you'd like some additional support by way of a social care referral, please get in touch with us on the community inbox at community@scope.org.uk

In the meantime, if you're having thoughts of self-harm, please get in touch with Samaritans on 116 123 and if you feel like you're in immediate danger, please call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • meymay93
    Hi 
      Thank you so much for support i yes i fill no one care of me when i was work full time i am so happy i am some body but i am nothing no light at all
  • chiarieds
    What work did you do @meymay93 ?

Brightness