Hi, my name is Demon! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Demon!

Demon
Demon Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I’m disabled after being involved in a motorcycle crash. I was never prepared for how much you have to adapt to carry on living. But getting there I think.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Demon

Good Evening & Welcome.

I am very sorry to hear about your accident.

Yes as an ex biker I have seen plenty of my friends get into similar situations.

Some good & many many bad.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with ????

@steve51

• Demon
    Thanks for the introduction. I’ve found adjusting everything in my world to suit the new me is really difficult. It can be straightforward but blooming frustrating. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Demon - Welcome to the community from me too. Possibly you & @Stodel might chat, as he also had a motorbike accident, & find out how you both are learning to cope with the dramatic changes in your lives.
    I hope to hear more from you both!
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Hi Demon,
    How old are you? I’m losing my mobility and have been struggling also. I’m fiercely independent and to have to rely on people is driving me nuts. Surely life shouldn’t have to be this difficult! It would be nice to talk and get ideas how to adapt. You sound like you are adapting to situation quite well. What’s your secret!
  • Demon
    I’m 42. I don’t have a secret but very determined. The stubborn streak has got me from a wheelchair to walking unaided in 10 months. Losing my independence hurt but I’ve had to accept that I need help. Still do. I might not like it but I’m grateful for it. I see every morning I wake up as a bonus. I need to make peace with my disability and get on living. I was hoping to chat to others that know what I’m going through. My family and friends have been great but they don’t get frustrated with the simple tasks in life. 
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    That’s really good that your able to walk unaided. I lost mobility twice from surgery and Doctors said I would never be able to walk but I taught myself to walk twice in my lifetime. Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to this, this time round. If your walking unaided after 10 months who knows what else you accomplish. Good luck to you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Demon and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read you were involved in a motorcycle crash. 
    I hope you'll find lots of support and understanding here on the community. Please feel free to jump right in with conversations and if you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Demon and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm very sorry to hear about your accident.  As you have probably found out already, this is a very friendly and supportive Community of people who all look out for each other and I'm sure you will get plenty of support, chat and friendship from everyone on here.  You sound like a very independent and spirited person and great to hear you are walking again in such a short space of time.  Well done!  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  Wishing you all the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Demon
    Thank you for the messages. I don’t feel like a total muppet there are people who have overcome a lot more than me and are still going from strength to strength. It’s nice to chat to genuine people. 

Brightness